• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

BUSTED Spincar caught selling dealer data

There's a happy medium here. Without naming names, I do think it's a bit over the top to invent awards to make sure each applicant gets one.
You didn't get Dealer Website Provider of the Year? Maybe you get.. Most Innovative Website Product.

Pay to Enter is fine, but Pay to Win is.. rather pointless.
Good point! There are some award recipients that make me scratch my head as they're extremely dated and haven't innovated in years. This can lead dealers (and Alex) to question the validity of all awards.

We (Quotible) also competed in the SharkTank event and just like Ryan described, won our heat, based on dealer attendee votes, and made it to the finals. David Kain's event was hands down the best virtual event I have attended and I really cannot say enough about David both personally and professionally. He is absolutely not in the "pay to play" game and that is just one of the reasons he is so respected in our industry IMO. Congrats to SpinCar! They did a great job presenting and it was an all-around really fun competition.

This is awfully bold and a wild assumption.

I respect your freedom to post whatever you'd like but I have to say you're so far off the mark that it's striking. I will reserve my opinions of the AWA awards but to throw that sort of share at David Kain is uncalled for. My hope is that you've never had a conversation with the man and are venting off a bit of frustration but your remarks are flat-out shitty and smell of ignorance. I'm honored to call David a mentor and a friend. I cannot think of anyone in the automotive business who is more genuine, thoughtful, and full of integrity.

Your comments are full of piss and vinegar which I love from anyone but you've really missed the mark.
Then he should do far better in his due diligence in choosing award winners. You can call him what you want.

Reactions: Heather MacKinnon
We (Quotible) also competed in the SharkTank event and just like Ryan described, won our heat, based on dealer attendee votes, and made it to the finals. David Kain's event was hands down the best virtual event I have attended and I really cannot say enough about David both personally and professionally. He is absolutely not in the "pay to play" game and that is just one of the reasons he is so respected in our industry IMO. Congrats to SpinCar! They did a great job presenting and it was an all-around really fun competition.
Full disclosure: I also competed in David Kain's dealership best idea contest and won. I can assure you @Alexander Lau, I did not pay for my win :)

There were some truly great ideas and solutions from vendors and dealers alike. Not to be cheesy, but the true winners were the dealers that attended and received great takeaways to improve their dealership.

Full disclosure: I also competed in David Kain's dealership best idea contest and won. I can assure you @Alexander Lau, I did not pay for my win :)

There were some truly great ideas and solutions from vendors and dealers alike. Not to be cheesy, but the true winners were the dealers that attended and received great takeaways to improve their dealership.
You're not a vendor. Different set-up. Just ask @Tarry Shebesta and the general rules behind this shit. I'll give Kain this much, maybe he didn't know about SpinCar's data theft for sale, but he should have done more due diligence. As for Brian Pasch, I mean give me a break.

You're not a vendor. Different set-up. Just ask @Tarry Shebesta and the general rules behind this shit. I'll give Kain this much, maybe he didn't know about SpinCar's data theft for sale, but he should have done more due diligence. As for Brian Pasch, I mean give me a break.
I believe Tarry would actually benefit greatly by having Brian Pasch review his solution. I think Brian could provide some great feedback on how to improve the UI/UX for customers.

Because to be honest, I've played around with it, and it's difficult to use. I know Brian would provide candid feedback on how to make some minor adjustments that would benefit usability and make it award-winning worthy.

The irony is gold. ;-):rofl:
BWAHAHAHHAHAA... Ohhh really.. how about this irony... DR has Jeffery Tognetti on and he turns over SpinCar (who most of you are sticking up for) due to illegal practices. They were SELLING DEALERSHIP WEBSITE USER DATA to 3rd parties. What if they were doing the same thing to Capital Ford Winnipeg or your dealership @Ryan Everson. What say you???? Award worthy??? Hmmm....

Actually, forget irony... let's use the word HYPOCRISY! Ohhh wait a second, this site is affiliated with Frickin Tech, now a VENDOR! I see....

I believe Tarry would actually benefit greatly by having Brian Pasch review his solution. I think Brian could provide some great feedback on how to improve the UI/UX for customers.

Because to be honest, I've played around with it, and it's difficult to use. I know Brian would provide candid feedback on how to make some minor adjustments that would benefit usability and make it award-winning worthy.
Pfffftt.... Pasch is no UI/UX expert and neither is his dev "team." For fuck's sake... his VistaDash tool allowed users to look 'view page source' and figure out what customers he was using. LMFAO! I sent that E-mail to @craigh, @Jeff Kershner and @Alex Snyder a while back.