• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

BUSTED Spincar caught selling dealer data

:nopity:

So, the biggest troll of DealerRefresh and the biggest spammer would like me to walk away. Okay.

I go out of my way to separate FRIKINtech from DealerRefresh. FRIKINtech is a sponsor like any other sponsor and is given the same rights to place ads as anyone else who helps keep this site going. People have asked me to speak about FT On RefreshFriday and maybe 3 times in the forums. I do not open almost every thing I ever say with something like “credit first.”

The hard truth is, neither of you bring much value here. Your messages are the same over and over and over again. The sad truth for Jeff and me (who have been doing this for 15 years) is that you aren’t the first and won’t be the last.

I bring 31+ years of online digital marketing and retailing, as a lender, dealer and technology company, to the entire industry.

I respond to posts and questions with absolute facts to back everything up vs mostly myths or self-serving studies that are far from reality.

Wait, is that Alex messaging me to be a guest on Refresh Friday to share some of his experiences and lessons from the early days of digital retailing? Oh, nope, it's some other guy who's bounced around the industry for a while and is now all of a sudden an expert on digital retailing. Let's have him on Dealer Refresh.

I've always liked Dealer Refresh and thought you guys provide a great conversation (good or bad) platform for the industry.

I was only half joking about you leaving Dealer Refresh (wanted to see your response as a vendor) but full transparency goes a long way.

Now, my offer for you to use our credit-first (there's that word again) monthly payment quoting API is still on the table.

Reactions: Alexander Lau
:nopity:

So, the biggest troll of DealerRefresh and the biggest spammer would like me to walk away. Okay.

I go out of my way to separate FRIKINtech from DealerRefresh. FRIKINtech is a sponsor like any other sponsor and is given the same rights to place ads as anyone else who helps keep this site going. People have asked me to speak about FT On RefreshFriday and maybe 3 times in the forums. I do not open almost every thing I ever say with something like “credit first.”

The hard truth is, neither of you bring much value here. Your messages are the same over and over and over again. The sad truth for Jeff and me (who have been doing this for 15 years) is that you aren’t the first and won’t be the last.
Piss off with that bullshit. I've helped far more dealers and newby digital people (connecting loads with the right tools for the job), than what I've pointed out as sketchy, unethical shams that you deem as negative talk, you're just not paying attention or you're subjectively paying attention. Isn't that convenient, now that you don't like what I have to say? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Alex Snyder
Heeeeeeeeeeey, Hey Tarry, yeahhhhhhhhhhhh we must have really struck a nerve. He can't take the heat now, so he changes my avatar area to some clown shit. What a comedian! Meanwhile, I am one of a few users that kept this thread alive (BTW, the top thread on this board, imagine that???), due to SpinCar skimming data and reselling it from MY OWN CLIENTS' websites. Unbelievably hypocritical on all levels. Nice site and partner you got here Jeff.

Heeeeeeeeeeey, Hey Tarry, yeahhhhhhhhhhhh we must have really struck a nerve.

What's the ideal outcome here? What are you trying to accomplish?
Is your main concern that SpinCar won an award? I believe we've clarified that it was an elimination contest where dealers voted - DealerRefresh has nothing to do with that.
Is your main concern that we aren't all slamming SpinCar every day? I would like to see you put this energy into showing how they continue to do unethical things, rather than talking about an issue that happened years ago to your clients.

I'm not going to forget what happened to them / what they did, but the community isn't gaining anything from the way you're going about this.

What's the ideal outcome here? What are you trying to accomplish?
Is your main concern that SpinCar won an award? I believe we've clarified that it was an elimination contest where dealers voted - DealerRefresh has nothing to do with that.
Is your main concern that we aren't all slamming SpinCar every day? I would like to see you put this energy into showing how they continue to do unethical things, rather than talking about an issue that happened years ago to your clients.

I'm not going to forget what happened to them / what they did, but the community isn't gaining anything from the way you're going about this.
There is no expected outcome. I have zero expectations. I called out David Kain for giving SpinCar an award and the fucking OUTRAGE MOB went nutzo on me. Tarry comes around, partially sticking up for me, and then the OUTRAGE MOB goes nutzo again. I'm curious as to why the outrage? I have verified proof that my clients used them and data was going out the back door. HUH!?

I called out David Kain for giving SpinCar an award and the fucking OUTRAGE MOB went nutzo on me.

I think it would go a long ways if you could meet me halfway here.

David Kain is just as much a schmuck as Brian Pasch and his awards shit show. It's all about the money and dishonesty.

This is patently false. You have now been educated and should be willing to accept that:
1. David Kain does not handout awards to anyone who buys an entry
2. David Kain does not choose the winners
3. Dealers (the people we all want to help) chose the winners of this award
4. SpinCar won an award, despite their rocky past

The "OuTrAgE mOb" didn't come after you because of SpinCar, they came after you because you inappropriately accused someone.
I'm not even seeing people defend SpinCar or saying they deserve the award, they are all defending David from your attack.

Take a step back, read the messages again. Blame the dealers who voted for SpinCar if you're still upset.

I think it would go a long ways if you could meet me halfway here.

This is patently false. You have now been educated and should be willing to accept that:
1. David Kain does not handout awards to anyone who buys an entry
2. David Kain does not choose the winners
3. Dealers (the people we all want to help) chose the winners of this award
4. SpinCar won an award, despite their rocky past

The "OuTrAgE mOb" didn't come after you because of SpinCar, they came after you because you inappropriately accused someone.
I'm not even seeing people defend SpinCar or saying they deserve the award, they are all defending David from your attack.

Take a step back, read the messages again. Blame the dealers who voted for SpinCar if you're still upset.
As we already mentioned and something that your conveniently ignoring, Kain should have done his due diligence on all groups potentially awarded. Yes, dealers tend to not be in the know about this stuff. They should be, but sadly (typically) aren't. In fact, I would challenge you on that and say it's our job in the agency / consulting world to talk about it.

You have the patience of a saint Craig.

It's a pity. Your perception could use a little time on the alignment rack...
Pfffttt... dude, don't make me laugh. You're a car dealer and you're OK with it? Is that how they do business in Canada? Peer pressure must have gone to your skull. How about I call your owner and let him know? I bet he'd be pleased.

As we already mentioned and something that your conveniently ignoring, Kain should have done his due diligence on all groups potentially awarded.

I don't disagree, I just don't know how that's possible for him to manage. If I put myself in his shoes, I wouldn't be validating entrants that way.
Maybe after this incident he will consider it for next year, but ultimately his competition seemed like a "market speaks" sort of contest, which is.. fair.

Reactions: Alexander Lau