• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Rank the CRMs

We use Vin Solutions - and a lot of the other Cox products. I think that's a key point to consider in the decision. A lot of the "perks" in Vin stem from the integrations with other tools in the Cox umbrella. If you're not using other Cox tools Vin probably not the right answer

We use Vin Solutions - and a lot of the other Cox products. I think that's a key point to consider in the decision. A lot of the "perks" in Vin stem from the integrations with other tools in the Cox umbrella. If you're not using other Cox tools Vin probably not the right answer
We chose to go switch to VinSolutions since we, like many, have a lot of other Cox products and wanted to try out the integrations. Frankly, I've been pretty disappointed with all of them. I believe the only one we don't use is VinLens since we don't have a Dealer.com website. We were going to switch to Dealer.com, but they were trying to force me to use a template site, so I scrapped that idea.

Reactions: craigh
@Brad Burlingham here is my opinion. The further down the list, the more time has passed since experiencing them, in all fairness.

1. DriveCentric, based on dealer conversations, vendor opinions, and past demos.
2. VinSolutions is our current solution but the UX/UI is so bad and the reporting so horrible that I'm just worn out.
3. eLead is our prior provider that said they could do "customer lifecycle management" and could not.
4. DealerSocket was a provider that literally conceded their improvements were "paint and curtains" (their own words) so we left and got sued (they had auto-renewals).
Thank you Dan. :)

@Brad Burlingham here is my opinion. The further down the list, the more time has passed since experiencing them, in all fairness.

1. DriveCentric, based on dealer conversations, vendor opinions, and past demos.
2. VinSolutions is our current solution but the UX/UI is so bad and the reporting so horrible that I'm just worn out.
3. eLead is our prior provider that said they could do "customer lifecycle management" and could not.
4. DealerSocket was a provider that literally conceded their improvements were "paint and curtains" (their own words) so we left and got sued (they had auto-renewals).
wow. this is brutal and i bet most people's experience, except maybe jumble the order. i'll have to check into drive centric

I've always found the Cox integrations to generally be wildly overrated. They sound cool in theory but in practice they almost always disappoint.

I'm sure it would be different if all of their properties were home grown instead of acquired over the years, but that doesn't help me sell cars.

wow. this is brutal and i bet most people's experience, except maybe jumble the order. i'll have to check into drive centric
My list looks the same, actually

1. DriveCentric - Haven't been a customer (YET), but multiple demos over the years show that while imperfect, it's so far ahead of the big names that it's absurd
2. VinSolutions - Second place by default. I could write a many chapter book on my VinSolutions issues. Best I can say is that they're better than most of the rest, and I know the issues like the back of my hand. The bones are old and creaky, and they show.
3. eLead - I'm not sure how it's a viable option for any dealers in 2021. CRM's aren't known for being modern, but eLead definitely stands out for being un-modern.
4. DealerSocket - On occasion, I still wake up after a nightmare about Business Rules.

My list looks the same, actually

1. DriveCentric - Haven't been a customer (YET), but multiple demos over the years show that while imperfect, it's so far ahead of the big names that it's absurd
2. VinSolutions - Second place by default. I could write a many chapter book on my VinSolutions issues. Best I can say is that they're better than most of the rest, and I know the issues like the back of my hand. The bones are old and creaky, and they show.
3. eLead - I'm not sure how it's a viable option for any dealers in 2021. CRM's aren't known for being modern, but eLead definitely stands out for being un-modern.
4. DealerSocket - On occasion, I still wake up after a nightmare about Business Rules.
3 and 4 are spot on.

Reactions: Brad Burlingham