• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How are you tracking leads through OEM mandated DR tools?

afrev

Green Pea
Mar 16, 2021
First Name
Anthony
Hello All,

I've found that a staggering number of dealer websites still utilize iframes to implement OEM mandated tools or lead forms on the OEM website for new models. Based on tests in the event manager, evaluations of existing code and testing via the pixel helper tool, conversions are never reported back to the Facebook Pixel (or any other conversion pixel for that matter). This results in an over-exaggeration of modeled conversions as well as additional signal loss on top of iOS 14.

I know of certain implementations that allow a data layer to be passed from an iframe to the parent domain, but was curious to query those who have been in the industry far longer than myself. The fix I have in mind requires access to place code on both the parent domain and within the iframe, but I doubt OEMs would allow this on their sites whatsoever.

Looking forward to your comments!

Thank you in advance.

I would doubt that as well.

Dealers are still forced to utilize iframes for a few of the services like online service scheduler but I'm not sure what type of new model lead forms you would be referring to...
For new models from Hyundai and Ford, dealers are told to direct them from their own page (dealer123.com/nissan-ariya to the OEM lead site (nissanusa.com/ariya/dealer123) for their specific dealership.

But just in general, any lead form within an iframe suffers from this data loss without further intervention. Is this a problem for your team?

Reactions: Jeff Kershner