• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

RIP Facebook Marketplace for Car Dealers

We are sticking to Facebook Ads (paid) and having great success with that. Marketplace seems to be a dead end for right now.
The ads also show up on the Marketplace, just not as native posts.
So basically no one has truly figured out a way to effectively advertise on Marketplace yet? If you can't figure it out, I'm screwed. :rofl:

Unfortunately, the answer is pretty simple. Facebook wants you to use the paid advertisements they offer. They still list dealers being able to manually post vehicles as a feature, but I'm unaware of anyone who can actually use it.

Concierge told me multiple things over the last month or so
first they were not sure how to fix my "unique" problem
then it was a well known issue that the "internal team" were working hard to fix
then it was that my account had been put on restricted access for breaking the code of conduct. They were never able to tell my what I had done or what rule I had broken.
I was told to report the problem and I would hear back within 24-72 hours, although that's been 2 weeks or so ( I do go ahead and submit it daily just to hopefully be a thorn in the side)
They may not be bots per say, but they really only have 4-5 canned responses they can spam at you. Each one leads to a deterministic dead end of talking to anyone.

My primary gripe at this point is I have multiple vehicles listed before I lost access to marketplace that I can no longer interact with. Some of them have been sold but I cannot remove them, and I still get messages on them occasionally. Nobody I spoke to had any idea how to remove them...

We honestly had pretty bad roi on the paid ads, best luck of all of them was advertising a single more popular unit - basically paying to run a single marketplace ad, which I wouldn't even have too big of a problem with doing in general, if only it wasn't handled so shadily.

We honestly had pretty bad roi on the paid ads, best luck of all of them was advertising a single more popular unit - basically paying to run a single marketplace ad, which I wouldn't even have too big of a problem with doing in general, if only it wasn't handled so shadily.
Where we've seen the most success is sending traffic straight to each vehicle's VDP, but using an entrance form to capture the customer information immediately if they so choose. I was surprised how many submit the lead right away, but I'm always surprised how many people submit Facebook Lead Forms as well.

Once vehicles are less in demand, it will be interesting to see if inventory ads have the same success.

Reactions: Morelockmotors
Looks like Facebook might have tied up whatever loose end allowed people to post vehicles manually for dealers.

We used to be able to toggle between our personal page and business facebook (about 3 of 6 people that had FB admin rights to our page) but now none of us have access to the back end in terms of posting to marketplace manually.

So has anyone made any progress on facebook marketplace? Our page was updated to the new page experience and we became unable to post vehicles to FBM as the dealership. I reverted back to the classic page (for now) and regained that ability.

Where do I look to see what kind of statistics / traffic automotive section on FBM is generating? Seems to only be filled with spam ads. It has to be declining steadily.

Reactions: Tallcool1
So has anyone made any progress on facebook marketplace? Our page was updated to the new page experience and we became unable to post vehicles to FBM as the dealership. I reverted back to the classic page (for now) and regained that ability.

Where do I look to see what kind of statistics / traffic automotive section on FBM is generating? Seems to only be filled with spam ads. It has to be declining steadily.
I have given up the fight, and just gone with the paid ads. My employees post to Marketplace from their personal FB accounts.