#RefreshFriday Merchandizing - Someone is Launching a new Service | Joe Pistell

Reactions: Chris Cachor
When you make a transit van look this good... :bow::bow::bow:

"Merchandising is not a cost, it's a weapon"​

Dealer's STOP making your listings look the same...
1708785141383.png
When your images look like all the other dealers... you have to drop your price to get eyeballs on your VIN.

Buying a car is Emotional, pictures rev-up those emotions...
1708785511180.png
So simple, so sexy. This is 100% DISC.

RANT: Dealers gave their creative souls over to Velocity. "data proves everything and drives our decisions". F*k that. Data is not the boss, it's the score keeper.
1708785775485.png
"Creative photo's don't scale"
F*k that. A $1,000 price drop on an old VIN happens every day. What if your sexy pics made your VINs pop and 'triggered' shoppers into action. What if sexy pics reduced your total monthly discounting by 10%?

If you need data to back this decision making, don't forget your "Invisible Internet Walk-ins". How big is your invisible walk-in audience? 60% of total Sales? Sexy pics will motivate this audience too.

Game Plan: Create the vision, make the job description then hire the right person and let them run with it. Ken Grody Ford Carlsbad has Nick Valdovinos Creative Designer / Photographer. If I was a dealer and motivated to change, I'd send a direct message to our @Will G. (or a photo pro in your area) and ask for him for advice and maybe he'll be open to be your consultant.

DISC?​

Buying a car is driven by emotions. Sexy pics triggers these emotions and will sell more cars.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob and Will G.
Anyone using Image Upscalers?
I do, for my photography hobby. Not for merchandizing cars. My favorite is Topaz Photo AI. It is more amazing at sharpening, removing noise, and fixing lighting (my primary uses). It does a very good job of fixing bad photos.

On1 Photo RAW gets great reviews amongst the photography community as well.

Both are excellent for upscaling image sizes while maintaining the best resolution.

Reactions: joe.pistell