• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

R&R ERALink Query Builder error

So it seems, for me at least, that anyone that has had Query Builder taken away, hasn't had it "fixed" as of yet? So my next attempt would be to try scraping the 6910 screen, but apparently that has obstacles too, like a max number of lines.
I had an opportunity to download ERA Access to see what its capabilities are, but unless you have full access to the dealer's network, you cannot get the Software Manager to download it. Since we are using Secure Link for a great number of R&R dealers, you have to tell it which ports you want to passthrough to the dealer's network, but I don't know what all ports/protocols the R&R Software Manager uses since I can't find out that info. If any of you know this, please share and I will try to get ERA Access downloaded and see what capabilities it has.

So it seems, for me at least, that anyone that has had Query Builder taken away, hasn't had it "fixed" as of yet? So my next attempt would be to try scraping the 6910 screen, but apparently that has obstacles too, like a max number of lines.
I had an opportunity to download ERA Access to see what its capabilities are, but unless you have full access to the dealer's network, you cannot get the Software Manager to download it. Since we are using Secure Link for a great number of R&R dealers, you have to tell it which ports you want to passthrough to the dealer's network, but I don't know what all ports/protocols the R&R Software Manager uses since I can't find out that info. If any of you know this, please share and I will try to get ERA Access downloaded and see what capabilities it has.

Your IT man should know how to find IP and ports etc. Too easy. It's at the top of your log in screen. 6910 works for me no problem. The only thing anyone ever had a problem in that area was the 2 security questions they asked you, which they have dropped.

As far as ERA access, you have to be in the dealership to get the download to work in an ERA link enviornment. So if you are a vendor trying to hack in, sorry, no software for you!!!

Got half of my query builder to work today. At least it recognizes the vendor when logging in, but still will not let us get access to info thru 7601-2. Will keep trying tomorrow.

If I was a dealer and they pulled this shit on my store I would have my Lawyer talking to my Reynolds rep about these forced stealth "upgrades" which severly impacted my store's profitability

See, that's where you go off-track. The purpose of the R&R system is not to make the store profitable, it is there to make Bob Brockman profitable. Anything else is beside the point...

Viracocha,

There does not appear to be much precedent for a dealer initiated legal pursuit on the "stealth upgrade" issue and it's not against the law to be (or even go out of your way to be) a poor customer servant. Although some rumors have surfaced lately, there is little evidence that anyone is doing what you described by themselves or in mass.

It seems that those dealers that can switch are doing just that and those with too much time left on their contract are probably waiting things out. Unless the dealers find someway to act as a group, it may be that the best policy is to just wait things out and switch later when it makes sense.

???

Cliff

We've been seeing this error sporadically for some time. Reynolds acts as if they are mystified and have never seen it before and are blaming it on our processes! I just sent a link to this forum to my "customer advocate" asking for an explanation. The worst part is that without logging out, I can use Query Builder after clearing the error. It is obviously a ploy to prevent dealers from accessing their own data.

It looks like they are pushing to have all their dealers on this by the end of the year. And you are correct regarding third parties, it was designed to work within the dealership's network. Anyone outside of it, will not be able to connect.

I'm not sure how you guys are running ERAlink these days once they removed modem access. I'll tell you how I'm running it. Teamviewer software. we payed $750 one time for one license (payed for itself versus modem/long distance fees)... and we just remote desktop through this software (runs through dept of def databases so it's secure) and then we run our scripts locally on a computer and then we transfer the files via the file transfer tool back to our copmputers here at the business.

I am a little leary of this new ERA Access software. I've searched high and low in google in order to locate a Reynolds & Renyolds account number so I can gain access to my.reyrey.com.

If anyone has any questions for me, I'd like to try and help out... with that being said, would anyone like to help me acquire a copy of this new ERA Access? I will be gracious to post my results/outcomes back to the board and try and help everyone out.

-Quentin