• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How much should I charge dealers for buyers?

Let me get this straight, Autopitch.com: this is the company that wants dealers to participate in a "reverse eBay" auction? Dealers bidding LOWER and LOWER to get a customer? And then you want the dealer to actually pay you for the privilege of making as little money as humanely possible?

If I were you I'd be trying to make my money off the customer. It sounds like they're the winners and the dealers are the losers.

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds too much like a broker service. The auto group I work for has a a general rule prohibiting doing business with brokers. However, if you do find dealers willing to work with you, I think it would be reasonable to expect whatever thier regular bird dog is. Ours can vary between $100-200, depends if the salesman wants to pitch in or not. I personally wouldn't pay a broker a dime, but rather happily show them the door.

Ed: thats right. Its a reverse auction style site. It does have a number of benefits for dealers:

1. Dealers know exactly what people want to buy on my site, so they get more qaulified leads.
2. One internet manager can manage multiple deals on my site, so it makes closing more efficient.
3. You can find buyers all over the nation, so you are not limited by geography.

So you only bid to what you are comfortable with. You dont have to bid down to no profit.

=====================

Patrick, it is like a broker service in a sense, but you interact directly with customers.

=====================

Joe, cmon, give me at least a dollar...haha. Your name is REALLY familiar. Have we spoke before?

=====================

I am thinking the connection fee will be $300. Let me know your thoughts on that please.

AIS, so autopitch is free all the way until the consumer accepts your offer. If the consumer accepts your offer, we will take a $300 deposit which we keep as our referral fee. What are your thoughts on that? Is that fair for sending you a buyer and providing a platform for you to connect?