• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Visit Generations Digital

16% is the NEW 10% - ILM Closing ratio

ChrisR

Boss
Oct 12, 2015
First Name
Christian
That is correct. We average 130 per month. The local Ford/Chrysler/Ram/Jeep dealer sells about 45, but I believe that's all they want to sell. The closest competition for either of our stores is over an hour away. Locations like ours are Rydell's sweet spot.
Hello from a newly acquired Rydell store! It's been amazing how well we have turned the corner since the purchase, great crew - just had some Foster training this morning.

@BillKVMotorCo, have you ever done a study that looks at "distance to the sale"?

Download your sales for 3 months, include the buyers address. Copy and paste that SS into https://batchgeo.com/. Your mind will see all kinds of interesting stats.

Break the list into two and see new vs used.
Add OEM tags for new cars

Enjoy!

p.s. A few more cool tools
Checking out Batch GEO now, and the other cool tools, thanks for sharing.

@BillKVMotorCo[/USER] since you are already drinking the G-Suite Kool-Aid at your store (I'm jealous) you can also use Google Maps to plot those ongoing places and data as well. If you haven't used that yet. Open Maps, click My Places, then Maps tab, and Add Map at the bottom. You can associate your Sheets instead of exporting to CSV, etc.
Will give that a look, as well.

Also, will likely reach out, per the themes vs templates thread. Appreciate the offer.

Get Podium
Dec 19, 2018
Awards
First Name
Bill
Hello from a newly acquired Rydell store! It's been amazing how well we have turned the corner since the purchase, great crew - just had some Foster training this morning.
I'll be damned. I never put the Twin Falls connection together. Hope everyone is handling the switch well. Rydell is definitely a whole new world. If you ever need any help navigating that new world, feel free to reach out.

Reactions: ChrisR

ChrisR

Boss
Oct 12, 2015
First Name
Christian
I'll be damned. I never put the Twin Falls connection together. Hope everyone is handling the switch well. Rydell is definitely a whole new world. If you ever need any help navigating that new world, feel free to reach out.
For sure, apprecaite it! Will PM you in a moment.

Steve Roessler

Lot Lizard
Feb 15, 2016
First Name
Steve
Would you consider getting rid of templates?

I wrote out a Google Doc "Day 1 Theme Cheat Sheet" for the sales team (they just bookmark the URL) that provides an example and multiple variations and explanations for most of our common leads. I called it a theme instead of a template because they have to still write the emails while understanding the theme of each section. I found that this did a couple things. First, if you have a guy write out a crap-ton of emails everyday using appointment language, or at least engaging "next step" language, they get better on the phone (because everything is written in natural language). Pretty simple, they're training their brain to come up with the sentences quickly by writing over and over again. Secondly, a template is a check box, a task to complete as fast as possible. I'm no longer reviewing their time to respond as that race brings poor quality. I'm watching it, but not making it a trophy for them. I'm really pushing the "Task vs Engage" mindset and it seems to be working. I stole that from @Steve Roessler even though we are still on Vin :(. The only templates we still use are for ICO and Truecar/Partner leads at this point.

Video? What are you doing for video? This has been in exercise in psychology as much as process. Sales people either love it or hate it. The argument of "I don't like the way I look/sound on video" went away after a couple months of hearing me say "Well you look and sound that way in real life, so....". I'm still working on the full adoption here. I have 82 guys with Snapcell licenses but its like pulling teeth to get them to fully use video. We're at an 80/20 right now. 20% are shooting 80% of the videos.

Phone training? Like I mentioned above, writing out emails (in natural language) instead of using templates has a side benefit of brain training word tracks. We call all internet leads, that come in during business hours, first, then email, then text/video. We email all overnight leads sitting in the bucket in the morning first, then text/video, then call. There's a method that has worked for us in that regard but I'm assuming that heavy phone text/video is part of your process? By the way, the emails they write are short, to the point, contain no fluff, and could literally be read out loud and sound like a phone conversation.

If you would ever want another set of eyes on your leads and process, I would help you out. I'm not perfect and my people aren't but sometimes people just see items we miss. Happens to me every day.

@Dan Sayer I appreciate the reference and just glad someone is listening. LOL. You made my day.

Reactions: Dan Sayer
Dec 19, 2018
Awards
First Name
Bill
Went from 1% on the 14th to 10% by the end of the month, so while 16% may be the new 10% I'm going to smoke a cigar to the 10% this month.

Reactions: ChrisR
Get Podium