• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone using Auto/Mate?

Well I have to differ from the other opinion of AutoMate. We have used Automate for more than 8 years and yes it is much less expensive than ADP and the others, but it works great! They are very easy to work with and will change things if you request unlike the other companies. Automate has great reporting capabilities and has incorporated a lot of gui interface’s. Overall Automate is a great value and I would highly recommend the company.

I have used AutoMate for over 4 years and I agree as well that it works great. It may not have all the bells and whistles that ADP and Reynolds & Reynolds have but it also doesn't have the HUGE price tag that comes with it. Also when you call AutoMate you talk to a real person and you are not hold forever. They have great customer service and very friendly support staff. If there are any issues you may have, they do usually get resolved in the same day. The system is extremely user friendly and easy to use. I would definitely recommend using AutoMate.

Chris, We've been using Auto/Mate's DMS since the beginning. Their staffed with people with automotive experience so their customer service is great, and I for one like the simplicity of their software. It's easy to learn and teach new employees how to use Auto/Mate and the value is good because Auto/Mate provides a product that's very functional without bells and whistles (smoke and mirrors). In my opinion, there's nothing worse than paying for something you won't use. Most dealerships only use 25% of the power of their DMS's and that's probably because they don't need the other 75% that they still had to pay for.

I've been doing some research and found that Automate doesn't have integrated service price guides. this has been huge for us on the reynolds system so the jury is still out on where we'll go. Yeah we're saving money but we're also losing money and at the end of the day it's the bottom line that counts.

Does anyone know anything about Automates accounting and parts applications? I've heard that parts has a very difficult time with it......