• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Are any "salesperson" training systems worth their weight? [NEWBIE QUESTION]

VWSCOTT

Green Pea
Dec 20, 2022
Awards
First Name
Scott
Hi, forums!

Found this place from a comment in a car sales subreddit, and it's great to see so much info in one location.

DISCLAIMER: We have never used any sort of training system in the past (well, some video-based Joe Verde stuff fifteen years ago). Most of the people I have seen with clips on YouTube and such all seem a little either aggressive or plain old-fashioned hokey. I'm a NE United States franchise store, but I have 3 greenpeas at once and I feel like I'm not able to give them all my attention.

Thoughts? Anyone have a recommendation?

Hi, forums!

Found this place from a comment in a car sales subreddit, and it's great to see so much info in one location.

DISCLAIMER: We have never used any sort of training system in the past (well, some video-based Joe Verde stuff fifteen years ago). Most of the people I have seen with clips on YouTube and such all seem a little either aggressive or plain old-fashioned hokey. I'm a NE United States franchise store, but I have 3 greenpeas at once and I feel like I'm not able to give them all my attention.

Thoughts? Anyone have a recommendation?

I second @Alex Snyder response and I'm also curious to what subreddit mentioned DealerRefresh?

Thanks for the feedback, I'm starting to look her up now. I should clarify it wasn't a direct mention - I was in the r/askcarsales forum looking up feedback on JM%A from stores using it, on one post someone mentioned seeing something in "the forums", I googled "forums for dealership employees", and then ended up here.