• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Auto-lead Data Format (ADF)

I don't follow your logic.
I am a vendor and we send as many fields as possible because it benefits everyone.
I don't benefit from holding back any data.

Craig - you're not only one of the good guys, you're smart enough to know what data elements benefit dealers. There are players out there who actively hold back on sending data because it would prove their solution does not add much value. And then there are other players who do not understand their clients enough to provide the data that would add more value.

Reactions: Alexander Lau
I don't give a squat about who is on the board of ADF 2.0, STAR is smarter and better supported.

2018 Annual STAR XML Release
2018 Annual STAR XML Release Standards for Technology in Automotive Retail (STAR), the global information technology (IT) standards body for retail automotive and related industries, has released the...
http://www.starstandard.org/index.php/featured-articles/91-2018-annual-star-xml-release

Standards for Technology in Automotive Retail (STAR), the global information technology (IT) standards body for retail automotive and related industries, has released the new major version of its 2018 Business Object Documents repository.

STAR has worked with its membership to develop over 200 XML message formats covering over 35 business areas from customer relationship management to fixed and variable operations.

The STAR XML repository continues to be actively modified and developed by the membership.

STAR’s original charter was to support the retail automotive industry, however in recent years it has expanded its support effectively demonstrating value in related industries including:
  • Marine
  • Medium & Heavy-duty Trucks
  • Powersports
  • Construction Equipment
Enhancements to Business Object Documents (BOD) were made in the areas of Parts Inventory, Parts Order, Vehicle Service History, Repair Order, Dealer Locator and Vehicle Invoice.

STAR and its Members have also continued making improvements to the Dealer Security Guidelines.

For more information about the latest release, please visit the STAR XML Latest Release page.

Last edited:
@desiondarun
You shouldn't have to send a plain text version if your already sending a ADF version. The CRM will parse the ADF version so the dealer can read it.

Some of the forms on our group website I have a hard time systematically routing via the website provider. So, to overcome this issue, I have the XML / ADF version of the lead sent to my inbox and I have rules set up to check for keywords inside the body of the email. If content in the email contains the name for one of our dealerships, that email gets automatically forwarded to the leads email address for that particular CRM the store is using. Here is an example:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?ADF version="1.0"?>
<adf>
<prospect status="new">
<id sequence="1" source="Orginating Source for the Lead"><![CDATA["Your Lead Id Here"]]></id>
<requestdate>2017-04-17T21:11:19-00:00</requestdate>
<vehicle interest="buy" status="used">
<year><![CDATA[2013]]></year>
<make><![CDATA[Ford]]></make>
<model><![CDATA[Explorer]]></model>
<vin><![CDATA[]]></vin>
<stock><![CDATA[]]></stock>
<trim><![CDATA[]]></trim>
<doors><![CDATA[]]></doors>
<bodystyle><![CDATA[]]></bodystyle>
<transmission><![CDATA[]]></transmission>
<odometer status="unknown" units="mi"><![CDATA[200000]]></odometer>
<imagetag><![CDATA[]]></imagetag>
<price type="quote" currency="USD"><![CDATA[200000]]></price>
<pricecomments><![CDATA[]]></pricecomments>
<comments><![CDATA[]]></comments>
</vehicle>
<customer>
<contact>
<name part="first"><![CDATA[Customer First Name]]></name>
<name part="last"><![CDATA[Customer Last Name]]></name>
<email><![CDATA[Customer Email address ]]></email>
<phone type="voice" time="nopreference"><![CDATA[Customer Contact Phone Here]]></phone>
<address>
<street line="1"><![CDATA[]]></street>
<street line="2"><![CDATA[]]></street>
<city><![CDATA[]]></city>
<regioncode><![CDATA[]]></regioncode>
<postalcode><![CDATA[Zipcode Here]]></postalcode>
<country><![CDATA[]]></country>
</address>
</contact>
<comments><![CDATA[
---------- Minimum Highway Fuel Economy: 10
---------- Maximum Highway Fuel Economy: 60 ]]></comments>
</customer>
<vendor>
<vendorname><![CDATA[Dealership Automotive name]]></vendorname>
<contact>
<name part="first"><![CDATA[Dealership Contact First Name]]></name>
<name part="last"><![CDATA[Dealership Contact Last Name]]></name>
<email><![CDATA[]]></email>
<phone type="voice" time="nopreference"><![CDATA[Dealership Phone number]]></phone>
<address>
<street line="1"><![CDATA[Dealership street address]]></street>
<street line="2"><![CDATA[]]></street>
<city><![CDATA[Dealership City]]></city>
<regioncode><![CDATA[Dealership state]]></regioncode>
<postalcode><![CDATA[Dealership zipcode]]></postalcode>
<country><![CDATA[]]></country>
</address>
</contact>
</vendor>
<provider>
<name part="full"><![CDATA[Lead Provider Name]]></name>
<service><![CDATA[Lead Form Name / How was lead submitted? EPrice form or something like that]]></service>
<url><![CDATA[www.lead provider URL.com]]></url>
<email><![CDATA[[email protected]]]></email>
<phone type="voice"><![CDATA[Lead Provider support phone]]></phone>
<contact>
<name part="full"><![CDATA[Lead provider Support]]></name>
<email><![CDATA[[email protected]]]></email>
<phone type="voice" time="day"><![CDATA[Lead provider phone again]]></phone>
<address>
<street line="1"><![CDATA[Lead Provider street address]]></street>
<city><![CDATA[Lead Provider city]]></city>
<regioncode><![CDATA[Lead Provider State]]></regioncode>
<postalcode><![CDATA[Lead Provider Zipcode]]></postalcode>
<country><![CDATA[Lead Provider country]]></country>
</address>
</contact>
</provider>
</prospect>
</adf>
@Rick Buffkin is there a way to add dob to the xml/Adf data. As fas as I know some integrations with 3rd parties requires this data to be used with the CRM. if is possible, can you provide me an example?
Than you!

@Rick Buffkin is there a way to add dob to the xml/Adf data. As fas as I know some integrations with 3rd parties requires this data to be used with the CRM. if is possible, can you provide me an example?
Than you!

The official ADF spec has no field for Date of Birth - I also don't know of anyone who is using it through ADF leads.
Some vendors use the comments field to add additional information, but that would be on a case-by-case basis with each vendor.