• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Autotrader vs Cars.com Value comparison

C'mon yag, your a craigslist vendor. You reply was simply featuring something craigslist already does. I took your reply as sarcastic.

OK OK, sorry--I ttok yours as sarcastic so I answered sarcastically.

BTY- We do more things than CL... but I think this point you made about ATC and CARS offering different displays, etc is a clear example of the change that CL brought to the game and that for the most part people have not paid attention.

...but I think this point you made about ATC and CARS offering different displays, etc is a clear example of the change that CL brought to the game

Yag,

CL did not bring this "blank HTML page" to the automotive dealers space, ebay did.

p.s. If it weren't for an outside sales force, No dealer would pay attention to AT or Cars.com either.

Yag,

CL did not bring this "blank HTML page" to the automotive dealers space, ebay did.

p.s. If it weren't for an outside sales force, No dealer would pay attention to AT or Cars.com either.

Lets not devite from the subject in this forum but eBay brought very controlled HTML or pretty much--templates. It also restrained the ability to experiment with its high cost per unit compared to CL.

CL brought the true exprimenting platform for dealers to look for what works best for their particular clientele.

Autotrader is high. However dealers need to step back a little and focus more on the quality of their listing practices and how they present their inventory online. Presentation in the #1 reason why a customer is interested in your vehicle or not. Many dealers put limited photos and generic descriptions.

I simply don't understand why consumers continue to use AT and its cluttered pay-for-position display. By comparison, Cars.com is much more user-friendly. Unless their latest money-grab "alpha" type plan really messes things up, I see them gaining market share over AT.

Reactions: 2 people
I simply don't understand why consumers continue to use AT and its cluttered pay-for-position display. By comparison, Cars.com is much more user-friendly. Unless their latest money-grab "alpha" type plan really messes things up, I see them gaining market share over AT.

Couldn't agree more - Autotrader actually makes it hard to find what you are looking for. Having to scroll through ad after ad is pretty cumbersome

Reactions: 1 person