• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

BDC Averages.

When the asteroid hit, do you think all the T-Rex's were gone in an instant? Or were there a few that hung-on, and lived the Good Life for a few more years?

John, there is no doubt that I am a relic. I don't question what Eley said but I am amazed by it. 2013 was a good sales year and a lot of dealers are not profitable? Dealerships have always fallen into three groups: Market leaders, Average dealers and Sub-par dealers with the smallest being Market leaders. This group thrives even during the bad times and often picks up market share. The difference is always an outstanding culture and good people.

If you have an adequate number of quality, well trained salespeople why do I need to add another layer to take phone calls and answer emails?

John, have you ever gone to the horse races? The horses are very expensive thoroughbreds ridden by the best jockeys. Those jockeys love the horses but they still use a whip.