• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Best Reach - Out Methods For Automotive Businesses

Like I said, the ChatGPT I copied/pasted is actually pretty good. It needs to be adjusted but you can get some mileage off it.

As for your sentence, this one was pretty good: If this is something you’re planning to address, I would love to help.

BUT: that is how it's used. For emails I would stay away from negs about your potential customer. Try to stay away from them. My mum hated when she asked for opinion because it was brutal. "Mum you look fat in that dress." I swear if she had a sharp object near here it would have been inside me. I slowly learned that you should give a compliment on something that you believe to be true and best to avoid the brutal truths that you know are true. I see lots of chubby girls in Disney Princess dresses and realized they just want to be cute and pretty and pointing out the obvious is at times just mean. Let them have their dreams! It doesn't hurt you.
Very true statement about the compliments! Sometimes we've got to lie about compliments to keep people happy.
I'm hoping these business owners aren't snowflakes and are hardened up a bit; anyone who owns a business knows the world does not GAF...lol

I might try to sneak this in as a cold call script, maybe experiment with both...the tone in a cold call may remove the "hostility".

But at the same time, the "hostility" may be what sells someone....

I don't know. I'll have to experiment around.

Thanks for your feedback. If you have anyone who may need such services, let me know. If you give someone a referral to me, I'll give them a discount on their first month.

Giving fake compliments is known as laying it thick like pancake mix.
People know you are lying.

I'm not into snowflake culture but maybe someone paid a lot of money or put their best effort into what they did. Saying you got screwed on the money makes them feel stupid and they probably know they got screwed so it's putting salt into an open wound. If you say it about their effort then you basically did the same thing about making them feel stupid.

I'm definitely not saying to praise them. I don't praise kids for doing something that they can do (result). I praise the effort. Or even a failure if I know they tried their hardest. I used to teach kindergarten kids. I used to play uno a lot with them. I played for real and if they won. They actually beat me. In the beginning, I would let them beat me and the kids get pissed at me for taking the piss out of them. They wanted a fair game so my win ratio was about 90%.

So, I am saying, be political about it and point out things that they can improve.

But hey, if bashing their stuff works for you, what do I know! I would love to find out about your success ratios.

You could practice here ... :) lots of people post their sites. you will get instant feed back and probably won't loose a sale.

Hi,

Recently I was on here discussing a potential car sales website...as I discussed with some individuals on here, I came to realize that it may not be the best option for me at the time.

I've spent the last month or so building an agency for automotive businesses...we do the following:
  • Marketing
  • Social Media
  • CRM
  • Consulting
  • Website and SAAS Dev
  • SEO
  • Legal

I wanted some opinions on what would work better for cold approaches...cold calling vs. cold emailing. I did some research and people have a very wide spectrum of why they may prefer one over the other...so I wanted to narrow down into the industry and see if I could get any feedback here.

If you could share some thoughts as what would be most effective, as well as some tips/tricks, I'd appreciate it.

Have a great day!
Way too broad of services - I'd eliminate consulting, legal, CRM, and SaaS development.

Focus on marketing, social media, and SEO - will be a far easier sell.

And the easiest way to sell to dealers is having a proven track record of driving results. Getting the first client is the most difficult. Find a dealer, offer your services at pennies on the dollar, blow their sales up, use them to get you in the door at other dealerships.

Giving fake compliments is known as laying it thick like pancake mix.
People know you are lying.

I'm not into snowflake culture but maybe someone paid a lot of money or put their best effort into what they did. Saying you got screwed on the money makes them feel stupid and they probably know they got screwed so it's putting salt into an open wound. If you say it about their effort then you basically did the same thing about making them feel stupid.

I'm definitely not saying to praise them. I don't praise kids for doing something that they can do (result). I praise the effort. Or even a failure if I know they tried their hardest. I used to teach kindergarten kids. I used to play uno a lot with them. I played for real and if they won. They actually beat me. In the beginning, I would let them beat me and the kids get pissed at me for taking the piss out of them. They wanted a fair game so my win ratio was about 90%.

So, I am saying, be political about it and point out things that they can improve.

But hey, if bashing their stuff works for you, what do I know! I would love to find out about your success ratios.

You could practice here ... :) lots of people post their sites. you will get instant feed back and probably won't loose a sale.
Oh, i agree with you. I'll definitely be business professional when doing that.

Way too broad of services - I'd eliminate consulting, legal, CRM, and SaaS development.

Focus on marketing, social media, and SEO - will be a far easier sell.

And the easiest way to sell to dealers is having a proven track record of driving results. Getting the first client is the most difficult. Find a dealer, offer your services at pennies on the dollar, blow their sales up, use them to get you in the door at other dealerships.
Does the broad services make it harder to sell?

And if it does, is Marketing, Social media, CRM, and Web Development (Including SEO) a good combo?

Does the broad services make it harder to sell?

And if it does, is Marketing, Social media, CRM, and Web Development (Including SEO) a good combo?
Yes, it will be difficult for a dealer to take you seriously with that wide-ranging of an offering as a young one-man shop.
  • Consulting - a dealer won't hire a consultant unless the consultant has excelled at selling cars and running stores themselves for decade(s).
  • Legal - do you have a law degree?
  • Web Development / SaaS - dealers are OEM mandated to use a handful of websites and software platforms. 99% have no need for custom website / SaaS development.
I think you and @Carsten are putting the cart before the horse a little discussing cold email marketing strategies and templates.

Results speak volumes. Many dealers are looking for the "magic bullet" right now that will help boost their sales. Find a dealer that will take a chance on you, that will likely require showing up in person with a resume. Work in the store, take vehicle photos if you have to, learn the business. Your first ad campaign likely won't be as successful as you hope, they rarely are. Experiment, learn, and adapt over the better part of a year.

At that point, once you have your offering honed and generated impressive results that you can share, you will be ready to finally employ these dealer outreach strategies. Then you can present your services as the "magic bullet" and have results to back you up.

Yes, it will be difficult for a dealer to take you seriously with that wide-ranging of an offering as a young one-man shop.
  • Consulting - a dealer won't hire a consultant unless the consultant has excelled at selling cars and running stores themselves for decade(s).
  • Legal - do you have a law degree?
  • Web Development / SaaS - dealers are OEM mandated to use a handful of websites and software platforms. 99% have no need for custom website / SaaS development.
I think you and @Carsten are putting the cart before the horse a little discussing cold email marketing strategies and templates.

Results speak volumes. Many dealers are looking for the "magic bullet" right now that will help boost their sales. Find a dealer that will take a chance on you, that will likely require showing up in person with a resume. Work in the store, take vehicle photos if you have to, learn the business. Your first ad campaign likely won't be as successful as you hope, they rarely are. Experiment, learn, and adapt over the better part of a year.

At that point, once you have your offering honed and generated impressive results that you can share, you will be ready to finally employ these dealer outreach strategies. Then you can present your services as the "magic bullet" and have results to back you up.
I have the web development in there because I also target small auto shops...kinda as a resume builder.

Ill pull the consulting, legal, and SAAS out, though.

Also, I outsource the marketing, SMMA, SEO, etc. to professionals.

I do agile and champion it as part jobs I have done. So, this means, I am a big fan of the iterative process and watching how things pivot and grow. @autovantaofficial has been doing this with input that they are getting. I addresses the email issue since I thought it could be improved upon. I wasn't thinking about the actual email content because give the past history of these conversations, the content is likely going to change but the tone of email can still be carried over to the next iteration of the business.