• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Blackhat CarGurus SEO Tactics PPT that Cars.com produced

Thank you @Jacques de Molay for bringing this to our attention. It helps to tell the story as to why CarGurus seems to be losing ranking.

On RefreshFriday today we will be concentrating on Google My Business with @Matt Murray, but now have to touch on this. Next week we concentrate on classified sites and you can bet your ass we'll be diving into this one with @jon.berna and @joe.pistell

Man I love this business, just always something new & exciting going on somewhere. Cloaking, keyword stuffing, link farms and backlinks from India.. wow! It's been awhile since I've heard those terms mentioned in ANYTHING.

Who said SEO is dead? :rofl:

Reminds me of the good old days, a blast from the past..
8e71a5439c534e329f85caba878d5a37.gif

--
Dilbert's%20Pointy-Haired%20Boss%20and%20Search%20Engine%20Optimization.gif

Reactions: RossS
If this is true, Google should give Car Gurus the death penalty and deindex their site and all it's pages. I say if this is true, because Google should have caught all of this. They know where links come from and the quality of those links. Either Google doesn't care what the big boys do because they are spending a lot of money with them on PPC, or Google is incompetent.