• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

BUSTED Spincar caught selling dealer data

There isn't even an argument to be made here. You're just delusional.

Two things I will say, from personal experience, about the industry awards that are bestowed on vendors.

1) The full breadth of vendors of a given category, for what the award was given, will miss a good portion of companies that may be better than the awardee. So dealers are presented with a "partial" list of companies from a given category. Bottom line, are the awardees worthy of their awards? Possibly, but nobody really knows if many companies are left off the potential awards list.

2) There is absolutely a pay-to-play going on in receiving an award. Again, from personal experience. I will not disclose publicly but PM me if you would like to know details.

We no longer participate in these types of events/award nominations.

I think dealers are reluctant to believe these types of awards anyway.

Sorry Alex, a hard disagree. Both are great friends and have been true and generous in helping my startup business, though I am a competitor in many ways. Thrive and let thrive, this industry is so massive we shouldn't need to compete.
Then you're not paying attention and you are part of the disgusting nature of what's going on in auto. Pity, I used to have respect for you.

Two things I will say, from personal experience, about the industry awards that are bestowed on vendors.

1) The full breadth of vendors of a given category, for what the award was given, will miss a good portion of companies that may be better than the awardee. So dealers are presented with a "partial" list of companies from a given category. Bottom line, are the awardees worthy of their awards? Possibly, but nobody really knows if many companies are left off the potential awards list.

2) There is absolutely a pay-to-play going on in receiving an award. Again, from personal experience. I will not disclose publicly but PM me if you would like to know details.

BINGO! (y) On top of the fact, award groups turn a blind eye to FRAUDS (for that money you mention). SCAM ARTISTS RIPPING OFF HONEST DEALERS. I don't give a flying fuck if you're "friends" with them. If you had any dignity, you'd reassess your relationships.

David Kain is just as much a schmuck as Brian Pasch and his awards shit show. It's all about the money and dishonesty.

Hey Spincar.... here's an award!

-------------------------------------------------

We're honored to have been a part of the David Kain Automotive 16th Annual Clients and Friends Digital Success Workshop last week! The #Kain2020 Shark Tank event was fiercely competitive and we couldn't be more proud to see our digital merchandising solutions come out on top. Special thanks to Kain Automotive Inc., and kudos to the other finalists, Quotible and Onboardian.

Sorry Alex, but as someone who actually attended David's conference, you're wrong. David is one of the most upstanding people I know and truly cares about his clients, all dealers for that matter.

The Vendor Shark Tank competition had multiple heats, and dealer attendees were the ones that voted live on who advanced and at the end who won. SpinCar is who came out on top based on real, live dealership votes. Dealership attendees, not David Kain, ultimately decided that SpinCar had the best presentation and most innovative solution.

Sorry Alex, but as someone who actually attended David's conference, you're wrong. David is one of the most upstanding people I know and truly cares about his clients, all dealers for that matter.

The Vendor Shark Tank competition had multiple heats, and dealer attendees were the ones that voted live on who advanced and at the end who won. SpinCar is who came out on top based on real, live dealership votes. Dealership attendees, not David Kain, ultimately decided that SpinCar had the best presentation and most innovative solution.
IF that's the case and I'm guessing that's malarkey, SpinCar shouldn't have been in the running. I call BULLSHIT. Kain should have removed their name as an option for dealer votes. It's the same crap.

Data Theft Award Winners (called out legitimately by Jefferey Tognetti of DealerX) on DR itself

IF that's the case and I'm guessing that's malarkey, SpinCar shouldn't have been in the running. I call BULLSHIT. Kain should have removed their name as an option for dealer votes. It's the same crap.

This may shock you, but alot of dealers really like SpinCar. Their product, their digital advertising and their capture tools are pretty well received by more than one dealer group I know.

No question they've had a bumpy ride, but they didn't give up.

Reactions: Mitch Gallant

Unfortunately, it's expensive and time-intensive to evaluate all of the dealer vendors out there. I view the "pay-to-play" as a necessary barrier to entry, otherwise, it would be virtually impossible to review every solution that every vendor offers. Also, who else would you expect to pay for the labor, awards, award ceremonies, etc? Dealers?

Participating in the competitions and awards as a vendor demonstrates to dealers that you believe in your product and have enough resources available to properly support dealers.

However, I do wish NADA would take a bigger role in evaluating vendors as they have the funds and resources available to be a more "independent" evaluator.

Participating in the competitions and awards as a vendor demonstrates to dealers that you believe in your product and have enough resources available to properly support dealers.

There's a happy medium here. Without naming names, I do think it's a bit over the top to invent awards to make sure each applicant gets one.
You didn't get Dealer Website Provider of the Year? Maybe you get.. Most Innovative Website Product.

Pay to Enter is fine, but Pay to Win is.. rather pointless.

It's all about the money and dishonesty.

This is awfully bold and a wild assumption.

I respect your freedom to post whatever you'd like but I have to say you're so far off the mark that it's striking. I will reserve my opinions of the AWA awards but to throw that sort of share at David Kain is uncalled for. My hope is that you've never had a conversation with the man and are venting off a bit of frustration but your remarks are flat-out shitty and smell of ignorance. I'm honored to call David a mentor and a friend. I cannot think of anyone in the automotive business who is more genuine, thoughtful, and full of integrity.

Your comments are full of piss and vinegar which I love from anyone but you've really missed the mark.