• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

purduefan96

Green Pea
Sep 29, 2024
First Name
Naman
Can you give us a few more details about this link? What's the survey for? What's your goal? Why should anyone help you?
Hi Alex - Yes absolutely and I apologize for not providing context earlier. I am an entrepreneur who works in the mobility space and is exploring the potential opportunity within Cybersecurity for dealerships & their employees. I have come up with a few potential product lines, outlined in the survey, and I am looking to gather feedback from individuals who work in the space to see if this is an idea worth pursuing.

I understand that the CDK outage collectively cost dealerships $1b, and J.P. Morgan attributes a 10% decrease in Q2 Earnings per Share for the top publically traded dealerships due to this outage. While I understand that CDK has begun to beef up its cybersecurity practices, I believe there is still an opportunity but, I want to get a feel for the market first.

Since this is about security, I don't think I'll click your link since it could be malicious. Not saying you're out to do a bad thing but following best practices in security is always advised.

Can't you expend a little extra effort and just post here and then copy paste responses?

Carsten - that is reasonable, please see below.

& Thank you for taking the time to complete this.

Discovery Questions:
  • Did you lose one or more deals during the CDK outage?
    • If so, how many deals did you lose?
  • On a scale of 1-10 how worried are you about another cyber attack?
  • Do you receive multiple cold emails a week, if so would you like to stop receiving them?
  • Do you have a Business Continuity Plan in place?
  • Do all your employee’s use a VPN?
  • Do you employee’s use a password locker?
  • Do your other vendor have cybersecurity practices in place?
  • Do you have consistent phishing tests / cyber security trainings for your employees?
  • What else did you learn from the outage?
  • What else do you wish you had during the outage?

Product Scoping Questions:
  • Would you be willing to pay $40 / Employee a month to remove all of your information from public websites such as ZoomInfo?
  • Would you be willing to pay $25 / Employee a month for password lockers & VPN services?
  • Would you be willing to pay $300 to have a Business Continuity Plan drawn up for you?
  • Would you be willing to pay $200 a quarter to have an audit of all your vendors cybersecurity practices?
  • Would you be willing to pay $20 / Employee a month for monthly phishing tests & quarterly cyber security trainings?
  • Which of these is most important to you? (Voting scale of 1-5 in terms of importance)

Last edited: