• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CGI Photos for New Cars - Really?

@rickyfay what of the context of the observation I made.

Our dealer's need help! Is your specialty improving execution, creativity or both?
Your observations concerning canned pics and cars becoming a commodity are spot on. My view is always consumer centric, after all it's the consumer that we're trying to attract here. Pics should be descriptive and take on a feature/benefit presentation. Joe Public is used to having information at his finger tips which is why not only the pics but banners on each feature in the pic should be shown. This also benefits any sales person that is smart enough to have their dealership website open on their computer or phone at all times. They will be able to answer 99% of questions just by looking at the vehicle pics.

Most Excellent @rickyfay, I asked for examples of dealers getting creative& breaking the mold, you posted your critique of a green screen, please share some examples of ways to photo cars in a creative way!

Let's sell some cars!
:popcorn:
You don't want to get too creative or artsy. Your pics should first and foremost be descriptive. You do want to ensure your angles, light and vehicle look as good as possible. Outdoor pics are much better than a controlled indoor environment. Just ensure they are taken with a clean background any natural background is great, fall leaves, spring flowers, white snow, etc. Interior pics are best taken in full shade. You are telling your potential clients that this is a real car at your dealership. you're in NY, it snows. Outdoor pics in the snow, not while it's snowing, shows the car is current inventory and not too old. For all those out there that think "What if the snow melts? The car will look old." if you have pics of a car that is more than 45 days old that's an aged unit and you should retake pics and do something to get rid of it.

The twinkle is designed to draw attention. Great, that's what we are looing for but prior to this I would say the following: The angle is wrong, it should taken at the same height of the midline of the car and itt should be taken outside with a natural clean background. Using banners is great, I do it on 90% of the pics I take. The first pic should have an overlay, on top or the bottom with dealership name and phone number (not website) and a banner with what you deem is the most important feature i.e. if you have a 2013 model vehicle with 40k miles or the like.

We, as an vendor industry serving dealerships coast to coast, need to bring a fresh new shopping experience to the NEW CAR side of the biz.

The SRP/VDP that works so well for used cars, creates mind numbing redundant SRP listings on the new side.
1604488408186.png

We need a reset. We have some super creatives here on DR, @Ryan Everson, @Alex Snyder, anyone have any thoughts or sites outside auto that may work on the new car side?