• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Changing CRM's

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a vendor who enjoys participating in this community to share and gather information, I find it very offensive when other vendors take shortcuts and try to gain an unfair advantage over their competition by using manipulative and deceiving tactics to make others think they have “the superior product.†Take for instance the glowing testimonial above; one would think that was written by a Vin Solutions employee or perhaps a customer who was paid or provided with a free service to do so. Especially when said message has been broadcasted on other sites: We made our CRM choice! - Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community (ADM)

One would also think that before making all these great accolades you would want to at least be using the product so you could give a more detailed and trustworthy testimonial. I am sorry but these CRM threads that you have been starting seem like they are all part of a cheesy Vin Solutions marketing ploy.

And while I am on a roll, it really irks me when a vendor comes on here and puts something like this in a post: “Is Liquid Motors ILM GM OneSource certified?†Why ask a question like that when you probably already know the answer. If your product is so good, then you shouldn’t have to throw others under the bus. We all have to play in this sandbox, so I would suggest we show our competition a little respect.

So to those who care: “Please keep in mind that certain vendors may be using creative advertising ploys to market their products, especially when certain testimonials appear to be written by the vendor themselves. It’s always recommended that you do your own due diligence when choosing products and services.â€

Now I feel better.

Guys, we had nothing to do with Michell's post. It wasn't some premeditated marketing ploy.

And while I am on a roll, it really irks me when a vendor comes on here and puts something like this in a post: “Is Liquid Motors ILM GM OneSource certified?†Why ask a question like that when you probably already know the answer. If your product is so good, then you shouldn’t have to throw others under the bus.

BTW Jerry, I don't know anything about Liquid Motors ILM product. Merely asked if they were GM certified since some GM dealers mentioned it.

Briefly I would like to comment on the tangent this thread has taken. I view this forum, DealerRefresh and another fairly often, I seldom log in and I make inquiries/contribute even less because of that very reason. At one point in every forum on every thread I was interested in, the same company was pushing their product relentlessly. Yes, on every thread I was interested in. For several months, until one of the people took a different job at a dealership group, two employees of this company would work the threads in tandem pushing their product(s). Very disheartening especially when every experience I have had with this company has been difficult to say the least. So I thought it best to just stay out of it.
I've always thought , especially as a vendor, that one of the biggest faux pas a salesman can make is to try to "sell:, (or over sell), another salesman. For me it's an insult to the profession to the point that I don't even like to watch. Hopefully the last several posts on this thread will help tame the problem down a little bit. It might encourage people like myself to inquire/contribute more.

OmniQuest Enterprises - DealerRefresh is moderated and administered by dealers. I think it is unique in that regard. On top of all that the mission is simply to better the industry - not to sell a product or make money. I know DealerRefresh is COMPLETELY unique in that regard! With that combination you should find the least amount of BS, the least amount of politics, and the most amount of moving to the next level on DealerRefresh.

If it smells like chicken, tastes like chicken.. it's usually chicken. But...every now and again it might be a frog leg.

:rofl: but so true! If anyone ever sees anything that smells froggy (even if a moderator or admin posts it) let Jeff or me know. We see a lot, but can use the help.

Mitchell was applauded for his posting about dealer.com and his visit there. I am not sure I understand why his post about his choice of VinSolutions (the company I work for) is getting such an aggressive response. If you look at all of the postings Mr. Brenner has made on this and the other forums mentioned it is obvious that he is a strong contributor and his input has been well received in the past. To have other vendors make comments about the credibility of his comments is unfair and seems to me to be tainted somehow.

Matt,

Your modus operandi has been to ask leading questions in an effort to make other vendors look inferior. If you would like, I could go and find numerous examples for you.

The thing about CRM vendors is that you all have a product that helps dealers sell more vehicles. Sure some are inferior, but you all have your weak spots. So instead of nit picking your competition, why not just showcase how your company can help dealers. Potential customers ask questions on a daily basis where you can provide real examples of how your solutions would help them. Jeff has certainly given me the opportunity to deliver that message within the community. With the technology available today there are so many ways for you to deliver your message. I would love to see some video of you walking through your CRM explaining to a potential customer how you would help solve their issues. Have you ever used Camtasia?

Dazzle me with your product and maybe one day I’ll become a supporter of Vin Solutions. Based on what I’ve seen so far, I am a skeptic.

Mitchell was applauded for his posting about dealer.com and his visit there. I am not sure I understand why his post about his choice of VinSolutions (the company I work for) is getting such an aggressive response. If you look at all of the postings Mr. Brenner has made on this and the other forums mentioned it is obvious that he is a strong contributor and his input has been well received in the past. To have other vendors make comments about the credibility of his comments is unfair and seems to me to be tainted somehow.

Shawn, Mr. Breener's post was not censored nor deleted, only moved to the proper place here on the forums. Anything after that is an open discussion where we can all read and make our own opinions..some share these opinions and some do not.

My goal is to share my technical knowledge with dealers who have questions and problems with automotive related software. That is a viewpoint that is rarely seen on these types of forums.

Dazzle me with your product and maybe one day I’ll become a supporter of Vin Solutions. Based on what I’ve seen so far, I am a skeptic.

I would be more than glad to give you a demo of our product anytime. I would love to hear your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.