• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ChatGPT - This is pretty awesome :)

ChatGPT is AI coming to main street. ASK QUESTIONS/GET ANSWERS Disruption is going to explode everywhere:
  • Information workers with little human contact (i.e. remote customer support workers)... toast.
  • Internet content creators as a service... toast. (jasper.ai players everywhere)
  • The entire school system as we know it... toast.
  • The primary care medical system as we know it... toast.
  • Developers?? Yes, ChatGPT writes java and pyhthon and troubleshoots bugs
Microsoft is a backer of ChaptGPT (openai is the parent). It really is a threat to google. Look for Google, Meta, Tesla and more to unleash their beasts onto main street.

OpenAI's is powering GhatGPT, mind bending DallE, VallE others (you gotta google it, it's sick). OpenAI is a entrepreneur/developers dream come true, a dreamy ideation sandbox and power your dream via API.

There is a wave of GPT powered startups that is building crazy stuff at light speed.

2023 is the year that AI stepped foot on main street. It's simply going to blow everything up.

ChatGPT is pretty insane and cool, and I can't deny the handiness of streamlining some simple, straightforward marketing copy (although I will say that the Service Email example above is too long, rigid, and overly descriptive of the services. Of course it can help you start and then you can pare it down from there and add a little more personality lol). I think there is value in automating some rote, repetitive tasks, but not using it in any capacity where relationship-building is important.

However, I will caution to be wary of using it in active customer-facing interactions. Arguably, it still has time to learn, but I don't think it's quite ready. Check out what we asked it yesterday:

"What is the difference between the 2023 Tahoe and the 2022 Tahoe?"

"The 2022 and 2023 Chevrolet Tahoe are two different model years of the same vehicle, and there may be some differences between them. However, without more specific information, it is not possible for me to accurately compare the two model years and identify any differences.

In general, it is common for automakers to make updates and changes to their vehicle models from one year to the next, in order to improve performance, safety, and features. These changes can include updates to the engine, suspension, interior and exterior design, and technology features.

If you would like more information about the specific differences between the 2022 and 2023 Tahoe, I recommend contacting a Chevrolet dealership or consulting the manufacturer's website. They should be able to provide you with more detailed information about the features and changes that have been made to the Tahoe for each model year."

This might be a strong statement, but I'm not sure it could ever be convincingly human in a customer service way. It has a massive data set that it was trained on, but could have a tough time relating to customers or interacting with them in a meaningful way.

Just my two cents!

ChatGPT is pretty insane and cool, and I can't deny the handiness of streamlining some simple, straightforward marketing copy (although I will say that the Service Email example above is too long, rigid, and overly descriptive of the services. Of course it can help you start and then you can pare it down from there and add a little more personality lol). I think there is value in automating some rote, repetitive tasks, but not using it in any capacity where relationship-building is important.

However, I will caution to be wary of using it in active customer-facing interactions. Arguably, it still has time to learn, but I don't think it's quite ready. Check out what we asked it yesterday:

"The 2022 and 2023 Chevrolet Tahoe are two different model years of the same vehicle, and there may be some differences between them. However, without more specific information, it is not possible for me to accurately compare the two model years and identify any differences.

In general, it is common for automakers to make updates and changes to their vehicle models from one year to the next, in order to improve performance, safety, and features. These changes can include updates to the engine, suspension, interior and exterior design, and technology features.

If you would like more information about the specific differences between the 2022 and 2023 Tahoe, I recommend contacting a Chevrolet dealership or consulting the manufacturer's website. They should be able to provide you with more detailed information about the features and changes that have been made to the Tahoe for each model year."

This might be a strong statement, but I'm not sure it could ever be convincingly human in a customer service way. It has a massive data set that it was trained on, but could have a tough time relating to customers or interacting with them in a meaningful way.

Just my two cents

You're 100% right. Customer facing interactions especially when it relates to relationship building, human to human interaction is most ideal. However as an individual who also creates chat and automated task bots, they're best used for performing repetitive time consuming tasks.

Setting up appointments
Data entry
Data scraping
Data verification and so forth

I personally think we are entering an era of technological overload, where businesses will think band aid solutions will transform their businesses and be sadly disappointed when they struggle to maintain them.

• :light:
Reactions: BrendanHirstAE

Just my two cents!
Chat CPT's current knowledge cut-off is 2021, so if you were to revise your question to ask the difference between a 2019 and 2020 Tahoe, you would receive a much better answer. Also, the more detailed you can be in your question and what you're looking for, the better the response you'll receive.

ChatGPT is a generalist right now, it is not a domain expert, but, when it goes down the rabbit hole into auto's ocean of structured and unstructured data, we got winners and losers.

2024 Winners: Any co that owns the keys to auto's ocean of structured data (i.e. JD Power, OEMs & thier build sheets, etc)
2025 at Risk: Autotrader, Cars, truecar, edmunds and Gurus are at risk. (the entire car shopping UX shifts)

Watch CEOs fight to hold onto legacy revenues, at the same time the gate keepers of auto data will find new ways to leverage what they own.

Oh, and just wait till OpenAI gets competition from Google, Meta, and other jillion dollar tech beasts. ASK QUESTIONS/GET ANSWERS Disruption is going to explode everywhere

I asked ChatGPT"
"Create a social media post that speaks to the what ChatGPT can do for the automobile dealership industry. The readers are forward thinking pioneers in the automotive dealer industry that are deeply invested in "all things internet". "

REPLY:
ChatGPT can improve or replace a variety of tasks in the automotive dealership industry, including:
  1. Chatbot integration: ChatGPT can be integrated into a dealership's website to provide customers with 24/7 assistance and answer frequently asked questions.
  2. Personalized website content: ChatGPT can generate personalized content for a dealership's website, such as product descriptions and promotional offers, to increase engagement and conversions.
  3. Lead generation: ChatGPT can be used to generate leads by engaging with potential customers on social media and through email marketing campaigns.
  4. Customer service: ChatGPT can assist with customer service by handling inquiries and complaints through email and social media.
  5. Inventory management: ChatGPT can help with inventory management by providing real-time updates on stock levels and vehicle availability.
  6. Sales forecasting: ChatGPT can assist with sales forecasting by analyzing data and providing insights on trends and patterns in customer behavior.
  7. Marketing automation: ChatGPT can assist with marketing automation by creating and scheduling social media posts, email campaigns, and other marketing materials.
  8. Virtual showroom: ChatGPT can help create a virtual showroom experience by providing detailed information and interactive walkthroughs of vehicles.
  9. Voice-activated showroom: ChatGPT can be integrated with voice assistants like Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri to create a voice-activated showroom experience.
  10. Personalized customer experience: ChatGPT can be used to provide personalized customer experiences by analyzing customer behavior and preferences to deliver targeted offers and recommendations.