• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Data mining and Email Marketing

GrantG

Boss
Feb 17, 2012
Awards
First Name
Grant
So I have been reading the old threads about email marketing providers. It seems that they are all a few years old and I am not sure what the new trends are for dealer managed marketing.

Is CC or MailChimp the way to go?

I am using a *unnamed* provider to handle my "Thank You" for Sales & Service Departments. They do it based on DMS feeds.

Do the above mentioned companies allow for daily feeds to activate emails?

Grant,

I'm currently developing our marketing strategy based on targeted customers within our service and sales CRM. We are use DealerSocket where I will build the targeted customer list based on appropriate criteria, then export/import that list into myEmma.com (who we are using for email campaigns), and send custom emails to that list. Small amount of manual list building and time on custom emails, but we are seeing great open and click-through rates on these targeted emails.

Here's an example of a F-150 email I'm working on to send out to active unsold F-150 customers within last 6-months, active service customers with 06-10 F-150, and sold F-150 customers who are nearing term end.
Lincoln-F150.jpg

Hi Jeremy,

We do have a CRM that can handle our Sales Follow Up to an extent. We use your Auto/Mate DMS and it does not integrate with our Dealer.com CRM (as of today).

Can we discuss a few ideas outside this forum?

Yeah shoot me a PM, I know with our new Open/Mate API pretty much all the CRM compaines are working on getting the real time push pull integration done.

I am using dealer.com crm and myemma for campaigns. I have tested the campaign on dealer.com but the delivery rate seems better on myemma. Also our dms data wasn't as updated as our previous crm and the import to dealer.com didn't combine the records from both sources. The one thing I really like about myemma is the mobile friendly templates. It does take some manual work though to get your lists setup.

Data Mining & Email Marketing are super powerful, but it comes down to what message you're serving your customers. I've seen some car dealers using basic tools but awesome marketing messaging and they'

Getting the tool (MailChimp or others) won't really move the needle if your emails are poorly crafted. You must be prepared to learn & test different approaches to make it a big part of your business. For example, sending a monthly newsletter is not aggressive marketing and will yield poor results.

Customer-centric tracks will help you big time, and I'm not talking about using super-advanced data. Only go deeper when 1) your sales message is clear to consumers and 2) you have enough volume to justify the work.

Grant,

I'm currently developing our marketing strategy based on targeted customers within our service and sales CRM. We are use DealerSocket where I will build the targeted customer list based on appropriate criteria, then export/import that list into myEmma.com (who we are using for email campaigns), and send custom emails to that list. Small amount of manual list building and time on custom emails, but we are seeing great open and click-through rates on these targeted emails.

Here's an example of a F-150 email I'm working on to send out to active unsold F-150 customers within last 6-months, active service customers with 06-10 F-150, and sold F-150 customers who are nearing term end.
View attachment 1636
very nice

So I have been reading the old threads about email marketing providers. It seems that they are all a few years old and I am not sure what the new trends are for dealer managed marketing.

Is CC or MailChimp the way to go?

I am using a *unnamed* provider to handle my "Thank You" for Sales & Service Departments. They do it based on DMS feeds.

Do the above mentioned companies allow for daily feeds to activate emails?

Here is an idea- I haven't deployed it on this level, but you made me think about it. Use an RVM, recorded by the GM that says: Hi this is XXX, General Manager with, XXXX auto group. I just wanted to give you a call and thank you for your business. We truly appreciate you. If there is anything I can do, please feel free to reach out to me personally. Or you could RVM from Service Director, General Sales Manager, Parts Manager and segment those calls. Just a thought and a nice personal touch. RVM- you can tell them whatever you want and it seems very personalized.