• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer.com Advertising is a no go according to DDC themselves

mLLa1GN.jpg

cOgYm9W.jpg

Page Speed Insights is a joke. It's not a realistic calculation of anything, it's just a tool Chrome uses to try and promote and enforce their own guidelines. Much like AMP, you can do better than they can on your own and they will mark it as "needs improvement" because it's not "their" way.

Tools.Pingdom.com uses actual calculations and time spent to produce a report, then shows why the site is actually loading slow, which images are too large, etc.

Page Speed Insights is a joke. It's not a realistic calculation of anything, it's just a tool Chrome uses to try and promote and enforce their own guidelines. Much like AMP, you can do better than they can on your own and they will mark it as "needs improvement" because it's not "their" way.

Tools.Pingdom.com uses actual calculations and time spent to produce a report, then shows why the site is actually loading slow, which images are too large, etc.
Yeah... I would agree that Pingdom is far better, but that ain't what Google uses and that's part of their algorithm for organic ranking.

I wish I had a penny for every dealer that told me that DDC SU@#! but that they have to stay with them BUT:

1) OEM mandates we stay with them.

So this is not allowing you to grow your business but having a secondary site is too hard/expensive/difficult to grow your business?

2) You are more expensive than they are.

So you are looking for a better product, better support, more customizable, and want to pay less? I'm looking for that too.

3) You got a secondary site but are cancelling because t is too hard to manage two sites.

If we are not willing to "manage" (give orders) two sites to grow our business, either DDC wasn't that bad or the other guys are not that good.

4) You got a secondary site but are cancelling because t is too expensive to pay for two sites.

DDC didn't allow to grow your business but $1,000 is too much to solve that problem?

So I understand if lived in Iran and to build a house you had to buy, no choice, bricks from the Republican Guard and the bricks suck, but in America, you can solve this.

Don't complain, solve it. Learn to use DDC, work with them, or hire another company that you--personality or technically wise--work better with.

Guys we can find any measurement to make both / all arguments valid. This topic is about what’s happening at DDC. Right now the new car biz is hurting and dealers are reacting with cancels and decreased spending. If you all don’t think this isn’t happening at other vendors you’re all high. There are a ton of good people at DDC who do a great job as there are at other places. One young naive (assumed) ds decided to handle his fear of change in an inappropriate way IMHO. DDC haters can we all just chill and look at the bigger picture here?? Water flows downhill and it is going to reach others soon.

@Savvy Dealer A minute? No. Yes, it doesn't rate fast on pagesights, we're working well with DDC on speed improvement for our group. We get a lot of traffic there and host a lot of inventory.

How's your site rank?

All of our sites are always under scrutiny for shopping experience improvement.

View attachment 4129
--
View attachment 4130

Mike - Your comment is something we always hear (Not just with ddc). The customer rep could be nice & communicate well but when you pull back the curtain and actually do a deep dive into analytics you typically see a whole different story. Especially when the person on the other end of phone can't make any adjustments or actually look directly into google ads or analytics. That to me is a big fat red flag because how do you know what they are telling you is true?!

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
Guys we can find any measurement to make both / all arguments valid. This topic is about what’s happening at DDC. Right now the new car biz is hurting and dealers are reacting with cancels and decreased spending. If you all don’t think this isn’t happening at other vendors you’re all high. There are a ton of good people at DDC who do a great job as there are at other places. One young naive (assumed) ds decided to handle his fear of change in an inappropriate way IMHO. DDC haters can we all just chill and look at the bigger picture here?? Water flows downhill and it is going to reach others soon.

Did you ever think this person has already left DDC and is now working for a competitor and encouraging dealers to "look" elsewhere? Either way, not something to do anonymously in public.