• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer's Gone Lead-Gen Crazy

We can measure all kinds of stuff, but we've yet to connect internet activity to a sale.
Dealers see leads and see sales and conclude I want more lead gen! Attribution'ers performance claims won't be believed until the work can predict a dealer's sales (thereby validating the activity to the sale)

There are all kinds of tools out there to measure offline conversions, sales, and service visits -- just have to know yourself, or have a vender that knows and wants to "dig deeper"

Facebook Offline Conversions -- www.facebook.com/business/help/1782327938668950

Google Adwords Store Visits -- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6100636

I think both of those are pretty dang close to connecting the internet activity to the sale.

...83 percent of car shoppers visit a dealer’s website prior to visiting the dealer’s store, ....“This data gap leaves a huge blind spot in a marketer’s ability to accurately attribute sales to sources like paid search and third party sites,” said Clarivoy CEO Steve White.

Attribution (to justify marketing spend) causes one to conclude there's a data gap. What of the single most important stat in all of car sales?... A visit to the dealer's website!

To add to Steve White's data, Survey done at delivery studies* shown 7 out of 10 sales were on a dealer's site 3 times or more prior to purchasing.

*see DR posts from about 2012 and on

Hey guys! Earlier in the blog, identifying anonymous website traffic was brought up. I cant see a drawback from the dealer's perspective unless the leads they get are given to over eager sales guys who hound the heck out of virtual window shoppers and scare them off. Has anyone placed this, or a similar tool on a dealer's website? I am curious about the results. Thank you!

160516.metrics.jpg