• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealers Superimposing their Pictures in Front of the Dealership

Has anyone experimented with these 360-spin options?
I've worked with a few dealers to test adding "spins" to their cars.
We've worked with 2 or 3 vendors and I was surprised by the conclusions.

We tried a few things:
- replacing all photos with the spin
- replacing only the main photo and having a carousel of high-res images below it
- having a button to prompt to open 360 spin, keeping photos in place

In all 3 cases the spins got quite a few views and a surprising number of interactions.
I found the best experience was having the spin as the primary photo, with the high-res photos below - giving them the option of an interactive experience or a detailed look at the car.

What interested me most was the ratio of viewers to clickers when the vehicle had "hot spots" to interact with.
Often 50% of those looking at the spin were also interacting with the hotspots, which were nowhere near as well done as Carvana's.

upload_2018-2-28_8-9-13.png

There is the wow factor to spins... but, does it make a shopper smarter, more informed and more likely to return?

IMO, KPI of vehicle spins (or videos) is engagement
  1. % of spin users using it more than once.
    • (the spin gave them a better UX)
  2. % of spin users that return to the site
    • (the spin created a favorable memory)

p.s. Spin use should naturally increase time on site, but, that alone isn't a useful KPI as spin users may have the persona that would make them have long time on site stats.

Reactions: Alexander Lau
https://spincar.com/
Consumer research is clear: dealer sites with 360º WalkArounds® have higher levels of shopper engagement and an average lift in time on VDP of 56% when compared to sites without WalkArounds. If you ask SpinCar® dealers, they say they love SpinCar for many reasons, but mostly because an “increase in VDP views and leads…is money in the bank.”

https://car360.com/
http://www.vpix360.com/vehicle-ads-360-car-photography.php

SpinCar offers intelligence reporting on it as well: https://spincar.com/intelligence-reporting/

• Useful
Reactions: Alex Snyder
In the 360 spin cars I've seen online, I have not seen many that have good quality inside pictures , usually too dark.
Has anyone had success getting quality inside pictures with this?

The hardware you get from www.spincar.com worked great for us.
It's generic bluetooth 360 camera hardware you can get anywhere, but we've been using it for interior 360s and I have no complaints so far.
Might help to do that outdoors with real sunlight though as indoor lights produce only a fraction of what real sunlight provides through car windows.

The hardware you get from www.spincar.com worked great for us.
It's generic bluetooth 360 camera hardware you can get anywhere, but we've been using it for interior 360s and I have no complaints so far.
Might help to do that outdoors with real sunlight though as indoor lights produce only a fraction of what real sunlight provides through car windows.
Yes, Spincar is awesome. No complaints from when we used it.

Curious what you all think of the concept of using WIIFM slides for customers every 5 images or so. @Alex Snyder your comments about the customer journey on the very second comment of this thread made me think and sorry it took me 4 months to reply @joe.pistell.

Here's a used car on my lot as an example: https://www.capitalfordwinnipeg.ca/...sh-button-start-fwd-3dr-car-kmhtc6ad6hu306077

If that link is broken cuz we sold it (please!!!) just look at any other used car, this was the first on the list.

I also have 20 PNG overlays we've used in the past for higher end features that look a bit nicer than just using homenet ribbons. That fell off when we had our murchandiser at the time find happiness elsewhere. There's no way for me to measure the effect that I can tell and was all based on faith. Same as these interwoven slides to try and tell a story.

My hope is brand building, especially on 3rd party marketplaces.

Chiming into this thread, a few thoughts, but first...what's up @Mike Benavides ?!?! One of my favorite industry veterans! :) If you don't have a clean place to capture your primary photo, I like clipped images as the hero shot. In the end it is the thumbnail/toenail shot that helps your SRP/VDP ratio, and ultimately "winning the click". I remember years ago at DSES, some smart Canadian had a "best idea" proposal of taking a pic from the back seat of the dashboard, and using that as the thumbnail/primary pic, had stats showing his VDPs increased significantly. His point was that consumers have more connection to the inside of the car vs. the outside. Who knows, but lesson being to experiment and measure. @Mitch Gallant your photos look sweet, but for me repeating the WIIFM slides too often can be a turnoff. Better approach is to take 3-4 exterior shots, jump inside and capture 3-4 high value, differentiating options (i.e. heated/cooled seats, rear cammy, nav, etc.). Knowing the consumer may only look at first 6-8 images, get some high value interior into that first 6-8. Why do most 24 photo carousels have 12 exterior, followed by 12 interior? Lazy photographers of course! Dictate your photo order, your option-listing order, and pepper your seller's notes with same high value options to differentiate, win the click and improve SRP to VDP, and VDP to lead ratios.

Curious what you all think of the concept of using WIIFM slides for customers every 5 images or so. @Alex Snyder your comments about the customer journey on the very second comment of this thread made me think and sorry it took me 4 months to reply @joe.pistell.

Here's a used car on my lot as an example: https://www.capitalfordwinnipeg.ca/...sh-button-start-fwd-3dr-car-kmhtc6ad6hu306077

If that link is broken cuz we sold it (please!!!) just look at any other used car, this was the first on the list.

I also have 20 PNG overlays we've used in the past for higher end features that look a bit nicer than just using homenet ribbons. That fell off when we had our murchandiser at the time find happiness elsewhere. There's no way for me to measure the effect that I can tell and was all based on faith. Same as these interwoven slides to try and tell a story.

My hope is brand building, especially on 3rd party marketplaces.

The first thing I notice is no dealership branded license plate frames and plates placed on the cars