• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealers Superimposing their Pictures in Front of the Dealership

Curious what you all think of the concept of using WIIFM slides for customers every 5 images or so....

My hope is brand building, especially on 3rd party marketplaces.

Hey @Mitch Gallant, been a while my friend, hope you are well. I really like the idea and agree with @georgenenni on nearly every point. We did an interesting study on image order a few years ago and there is abandonment when the image stack is not aligned with the consumer's interests. I think that content and frequency will determine success. Kudos on keeping those slides short. I think that is the right approach. I've seen some try this with slides that are WAY too text heavy.

As for frequency, the best analogy I can come up with is commercials in a tv program. The frequency picks up at the end of the show when you are mentally invested, it isn't evenly distributed. That may be something to test as you perfect this approach. Just a guess here, but if the branding slide is predictable ie. every 5th image, they will likely skip without reading. Humans are really good at identifying patterns, so good in fact, rmvng th vwls frm ths sntnc dsn't mpct yr blty t rd t. ;)

Full disclosure: we are piloting an analytics-based slide in the stack to differentiate the unit with a key partner right now. Too early to share any data, but happy to do so once we have something to share.

Curious what you all think of the concept of using WIIFM slides for customers every 5 images or so. @Alex Snyder

I like the professionalism in it and would prefer this route over image overlays. However, I think WIIFMs are better done in their own section of the VDP. If I'm looking for product images I want product images. Even on Amazon, I get turned off when companies show why buy slides with their product photos. It makes me feel like I'm getting gipped out of more product photos that could help me make a buying decision on the product itself.

Reactions: Will G.
Don't know shit about this stuff...
tenor.gif

@JoePistell how outside of the box are you thinking? Photo shoots with cars and models? That's been done... many times.

We use 1 overlay and it's only on the first image. Yes, it's a bit ego driven.

View attachment 3431

What drives me crazy is the image size - 640x560 ... Really? I've asked several times to have larger images but it seems to fall in deaf ears.
I was told that Dealer.com and other website vendors limit the size of the pictures. Then of course you have to deal with AutoTrader and Cars.com. Good pictures look even better when they are larger.

Hey we are new here but thought to drop our experience here. We are a dealership and have been working with a 360 photography company called Drivee.ai . They produce great results. All you need is your phone and 2 mins walk around the car to scan the car they turn your scan into a 360 indoor showroom quality turn table. its almost too good to be true, the results are similar to what you see on Carmax website. My rep name is Shaun. We have seen great conversations and more engagement using 360 virtual turn table in addition to our regular photos. First touch point of every customer with your dealership is your online ad and presentation is very important to us. Best of luck.

lolo, @Carboi408 why you necro this post?
Bot?
Second post I read the same exact message.
Why not just say you are advertising your service and post some rates here for people to see?
Do you do affiliates? What is cut for getting a dealership to use your service?
Will your software work as a javascript that loads the image on the dealer's site?
Does this interfere with SEO?