So many EV stuff coming into my desk

GM to introduce 23 new EVs by 2025.

Did you see the new Tesla interior?
  1. The new steering wheel is more like a video game.
  2. Look at all the new interior shots, THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME INTERIOR (save $ and ordering complexity is gone).
  3. Elon looks at manufacturing like it's a science project. He will manuf'er 1million units per yr out of the CA factory alone.
1611939477422.png

I'm onboard the EV train and not just for auto's but for powersports, boats, motorcycles, etc. The gains from engineering just run circles around what you can do with traditional combustion products. If you watch the battery day video from Tesla last year and what one of their co-founders is doing with his startup, using safe materials and recycling are problems they're solving now. But the critiques for today's tech are completely fair. I think it's going to take longer for OEMs to deliver compelling EVs that sell but I think ultimately the writing is on the wall, the world is moving away from combustion motors large and small.

The short answer is yes—in due time.

The need for more commonplace electric vehicles is growing. In some areas of the world, cutting down on carbon dioxide emissions is reaching critical importance. China and India are already visiting the need for electric buses because air quality stays consistently in a dangerous range. Collectively, we're all concerned about global warming and increasingly so. Today, revamping the way the world drives isn't priority number one, and that’s not to say it isn’t in the back of everyone's’ mind. Although electric cars were once reserved for concerned environmentalists, times are changing. The number of everyday consumers who want to further their knowledge about driving a car you plug in to fuel it increases by the day.

Consumer Reports found while most people don't quite understand electric vehicles, it's not from a lack of interest. Almost 70% of those surveyed said, "I've heard of plug-in EVs but don't know much about them." Still, 7 out of 10 American drivers are interested in getting an electric vehicle in the future, according to the December 2020 Consumer Report.

There's definitely a cool factor surrounding electric vehicles. They're still mysterious and different, so they're intriguing. Though formerly only available in a hatchback model, the range is widening. As it stands, availability for all isn't there yet. Price-wise, an electric vehicle isn't on your average customer's radar. Style and size come into play. CR reported that 7 in 10 respondents cited a need for electric SUVs, pickups, and more. Convenience is a deterrent right now as well. In rural areas, for example, there aren't any charging stations. Forbes said it best by explaining that "a lot of American's won't buy an EV until they see a massive charging station at every major interstate, right next to Wendy’s."

Consumers don't want to make the leap with a vehicle without some understanding. The how, where, and when of driving an EV is still not well grasped. Switching from a gas pump to a charging station means mapping out the driving route like never before to prevent getting stranded. Most won't deny the growing need to overhaul the way we drive for the sake of our environment. Still, the reality of electric cars on every road is a ways away. Some experts predict we'll all be in electric vehicles by 2040. In 2020 already, California Gov. Gavin Newsom passed an executive order stating only zero-emission vehicles will be sold in the state after 2035, effectively banning gas-powered vehicle sales.

One unpredictable day when the emergency has passed, dealers should be highly interested in the excitement of EV. Millennials are the second-highest market for electric vehicles. They also install accessories "at a 42% higher rate and spend 61% more on accessories," according to Foresight. Those are some promising numbers when you look forward to cutting edge accessories for electric vehicles.

As far as the experience, it's a major step up. Electric vehicles do have their advantages. They provide a silent and easier driving experience. They accelerate more quickly, and maintenance is low. The possibilities here are endless. EVs have the opportunity to grow an already massive Vehicle Personalization industry.

What do you think? Will you turn your attention to electric vehicles when the dust settles? Change is always coming.
Ifrastructure, charging stations as common as gas stations, 500 miles per charge, 30 minute charging from complete discharge and you'll have yourself a viable nation wide product. IF the cost of ownership is equivalent for the life of the vehicle.

In addition:

To further discuss the ongoing story of demand for lithium batteries for cars and trucks, business leaders want to make them domestically rather than rely on China, but legislators (the internal [D] Panda Huggers) are not in favor of using U.S. land to develop the critical resources for raw materials needed to make batteries.
  • In the energy sector, affordable batteries are making it possible for companies to store electricity and harvest renewable power.
  • In the auto industry, they are set to challenge the gas-powered engine’s century-long domination.
  • Costs have come down so far and so fast that most car makers expect that electric vehicles, which are currently more expensive than their gas-powered counterparts, will cost the same amount to build within the next five years.
  • Electric vehicles are currently the main source of demand for battery cells.
  • As demand grows and costs fall further, batteries will become even more disruptive across industries. Batteries recently scored a win at General Motors Co., which said it hoped to phase out gasoline- and diesel-powered vehicles from its showrooms world-wide by 2035.
  • China currently dominates the market for producing electric-vehicle batteries.
  • But as auto makers spend billions to build more plug-in models in the U.S., investors are increasing their bets on companies looking to expand the supply chain for batteries and related materials in North America—a region that has long relied on imports for such components.

As a millennial, the only reason owning a Tesla is attractive to me is because of their "autopilot" tech. I commute 2 hours daily, so autopilot would be a huge relief from the burden of driving such a long distance daily.

I could care less if it's electric or gas-powered, I just care about the tech features.

I also care deeply about convenience and having range anxiety is the opposite of convenience. I rented a Tesla in Aspen, CO last year and it's crazy how stressful planning our entire trip around where chargers are located and figuring out how to spend the 45 minutes waiting for it to charge.

Give me a gas tesla all day long. 5-minute fill-up at a plethora of always available gas stations > 45 minute charge time at out-of-the-way charging stations.

I wonder how many others feel the same way?

Last edited:
The short answer is yes—in due time.

The need for more commonplace electric vehicles is growing. In some areas of the world, cutting down on carbon dioxide emissions is reaching critical importance. China and India are already visiting the need for electric buses because air quality stays consistently in a dangerous range. Collectively, we're all concerned about global warming and increasingly so. Today, revamping the way the world drives isn't priority number one, and that’s not to say it isn’t in the back of everyone's’ mind. Although electric cars were once reserved for concerned environmentalists, times are changing. The number of everyday consumers who want to further their knowledge about driving a car you plug in to fuel it increases by the day.

Consumer Reports found while most people don't quite understand electric vehicles, it's not from a lack of interest. Almost 70% of those surveyed said, "I've heard of plug-in EVs but don't know much about them." Still, 7 out of 10 American drivers are interested in getting an electric vehicle in the future, according to the December 2020 Consumer Report.

There's definitely a cool factor surrounding electric vehicles. They're still mysterious and different, so they're intriguing. Though formerly only available in a hatchback model, the range is widening. As it stands, availability for all isn't there yet. Price-wise, an electric vehicle isn't on your average customer's radar. Style and size come into play. CR reported that 7 in 10 respondents cited a need for electric SUVs, pickups, and more. Convenience is a deterrent right now as well. In rural areas, for example, there aren't any charging stations. Forbes said it best by explaining that "a lot of American's won't buy an EV until they see a massive charging station at every major interstate, right next to Wendy’s."

Consumers don't want to make the leap with a vehicle without some understanding. The how, where, and when of driving an EV is still not well grasped. Switching from a gas pump to a charging station means mapping out the driving route like never before to prevent getting stranded. Most won't deny the growing need to overhaul the way we drive for the sake of our environment. Still, the reality of electric cars on every road is a ways away. Some experts predict we'll all be in electric vehicles by 2040. In 2020 already, California Gov. Gavin Newsom passed an executive order stating only zero-emission vehicles will be sold in the state after 2035, effectively banning gas-powered vehicle sales.

One unpredictable day when the emergency has passed, dealers should be highly interested in the excitement of EV. Millennials are the second-highest market for electric vehicles. They also install accessories "at a 42% higher rate and spend 61% more on accessories," according to Foresight. Those are some promising numbers when you look forward to cutting edge accessories for electric vehicles.

As far as the experience, it's a major step up. Electric vehicles do have their advantages. They provide a silent and easier driving experience. They accelerate more quickly, and maintenance is low. The possibilities here are endless. EVs have the opportunity to grow an already massive Vehicle Personalization industry.

What do you think? Will you turn your attention to electric vehicles when the dust settles? Change is always coming.
I think it's not about what we want, it is about what we need.
Using EVs could boost climate change recovery. For a better tomorrow, for our younger generation, I think we need EVs.

I agree there is still a long way to go. July article in Business Insider stated that 1 in 5 EV owners in CA switched back to gas...sighting charging hassle as the #1 reason. I hear it here in CO. Once you leave Denver to head up to the mountains, people freak out how the climb pulls so much juice (Outside Magazine had an article on this). They find themselves stopping to charge sooner than expected...and more often than not the charging stations are full. Then throw in the cold which I hear also diminishes battery charge. One of my stores is GMC, I am anxious to see & drive the Hummer EV.