• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

eCarList

We've been using their inventory management tools for a few years now. It's the best I've seen. Simple to use. Intuitive. Support is good. Guys running the company understand the retail car business. I'd have my websites with them as well if I was obligated by the manufacturers to use other companies. Two Thumbs up! I would recommend.

I currently use ecarlist for my inventory management and listing tool. I have used a couple others on the market but none have fill the need as well as the team at ecarlist. There are many things that seperate them from the pack but one in perticular is what does it for me... INVENTORY!! There product is constructed around there inventory tool first and then all of the "shiny things" second. After all the bottom line is to get my inventory correctly listed and sold! Of course they do have a top notch design team and one of the industry leaders running there seo and sem products as well. Another important fact about this company is to know that the product is from a car guy who got tired of what was lacking in this area hired some programers and the rest is history. At the end of the day I am very pleased with the tools that ecarlist has to offer.

D a r r i n B r o w n
Technical Operations Director | Grubbs Infiniti
817-800-5568 mobile | 817-359-4199 office | 817-318-1200 main
Web:Grubbs Infiniti - Infiniti Dealer in Euless, Texas servicing Dallas, Fort Worth, DFW, Arlington, Hurst, Bedford, Southlake, Colleyville, Grapevine
Twitter: Grubbs Infiniti (GrubbsInfiniti) on Twitter
Facebook: Grubbs Infiniti | Facebook

eCarlist has a great inventory management tool. I made a side-step to VinSolutions which does almost everything eCarList does and I've submitted feature requests for the rest..

Basically me switching really only made sense for tying into the CRM tool. If it didn't integrate we'd still be with eCarList.

But anyway, I'm super duper happy with what I have now as well as what I had before so there. I recommend both companies.

:P

I am a HomeNet fan. I've helped them tweak the platform over the years. One thing that drives me NUTS is the useless options that HIDE all the good options. Imagine you're trying to upsell or switch a shopper into another unit. Lets look at some JUNK that will drive your shoppers mad (read: exit).

• Fascia, front color-keyed
  • Fascia, rear color-keyed
  • Floor covering, color-keyed carpeting
  • Paint, Solid.
  • Headliner, cloth
  • Warning tones, headlamp on, key-in-ignition, driver and right-front passenger safety belt unfasten and turn signal on
  • XM Satellite Radio, With a wide variety of programming, XM has something to excite any driver. Whether you want to be entertained or informed, to laugh, think, or sing, XM has the perfect channel for you - coast-to-coast, and in digital-quality sound. 3 trial months - no obligation (Available in the 48 contiguous United States. Required $12.95 monthly subscription sold separately. All fees and programming subject to change. Subscription subject to customer agreement. For more information, visit gm.xmradio.com.)
  • Key, single, 2-sided (hey! I like that one!)
  • Steering, power
  • Air bags, dual-stage frontal, driver and right-front passenger with Passenger Sensing System (right-front passenger air bag status on inside rearview mirror) (Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your childs age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with air bags and the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active frontal air bag. See the vehicles Owners Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.)

If you wish to take control of this noise, give a look at HomeNet's webIOL. HomeNet options has a feature that I helped them create, It's options editor that I called "Strikeout and Rename". I allows you to easily rename or re-word options that are poorly written. If you've done an options walk-around on a well equipped GM, there can me over 100 choices to comb thru. The Strikeout feature allows you remove any option that is just plain dumb and not look at it ever again (like Paint, Solid).

Add to that you set it and forget it. Create the edit one time and it applies your mods to all future arrivals (same make/model/year)

Other mods that are in webIOL that ol' Uncle Joe help create are the ability to create custom categories and assign them to options. We breakout our options into Electronics, Safety, Engine & Drivetrain, Seats (front), Seats (rear), Comfort, etc... You can also assign weights to options to create all kinds of math based fun. You can use weights to automatically place the best options at the top and the "who cares' options at the bottom. You can use weights to write rules so "if option weight is >90, then add BOLD TEXT".

Be sure to explore HomeNet's new and improved platform coming out this fall. WebIOL 2.0. The Comment Generator that I've helped build is an eye opener.

Oh, and ask about IOL2go. The mobile data entry tool.

Last edited:
We have used their inventory management tool and websites for about a year and half now and are very happy.

I can echo the sentiment that they have a thorough understanding of the retail automotive business - and that the product is geared toward selling and delivering cars...

Two Thumbs Up - - :thumbup::thumbup:

Would Recommend -- :woot:

Joe,

We share the same philosophy. We believe a vehicle's "Features" as you point out are less important than Factory Options. I didn't see anything in your post in regards to a comparison to eCarList, so I would be happy to set you up with a 14 minute demo of our software. I guarantee you will be quickly impressed with how clean and "OEM true" our options system is. It's part of the reason our dealers switch to us.

Here's an example:
http://www.parkplacetexas.com/web/1...ium Plus Package-Dallas-TX?condition_id=10426

Thanks to all for the positive feedback!

Last edited:

Terrance,

I LOVE your "Included Optional Equipment" feature! THAT will sell cars!

• PREMIUM PLUS PKG[PT]
    • Original Price:$2480.00
    • Details:
    • Mirror Memory
    • Rain Sensing Wipers
    • Seat Memory
    • Power Driver Seat
    • Heated Driver Seat
    • Cooled Passenger Seat
    • Leather Seats
    • Cooled Driver Seat
    • Heated Passenger Seat
    • Variable Speed Intermittent Wipers
    • Intermittent Wipers

• REAR SEAT SIDE AIRBAGS[BE]
    • Original Price:$250.00
    • Details:
    • Rear Body Air Bag
  • PWR REAR SUNSHADE

• BLUETOOTH AUDIO[DC]
    • Original Price:$300.00
    • Details:
    • Onboard Hands-Free Communications System
    • Wireless Cell Phone Hookup

• WOOD & LEATHER-TRIMMED STEERING WHEEL[WU]
    • Original Price:$330.00
    • Details:
    • Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel

:bow:

Terrance,

We all know people scan pages. The noise from options list prevents scanning shoppers from the units best features/options. My homenet mod allows me to remove, rename and rank options. In your Lexus example, the hottest option is:

• Premium sound system-inc: AM/FM stereo, in-dash 6-disc CD changer, MP3/WMA player or iPod connectivity, automatic sound levelizer (ASL), digital sound processor (DSP), (8) speakers

But it has no "weight", no visual priority. Not all options are created equal. It's buried in with:

• Carpeted floor mats
  • Low-position horizontal grille
  • 1-piece cut pile carpeting
  • In-glass antenna w/FM diversity system
  • Dual front/rear cup holders
  • Front/rear assist grips
  • Glow-in-the-dark emergency interior trunk release
  • First Aid Kit

Here is my powerpoint presentation to HomeNet 5-6 years ago that communicated the problem: https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=ddzsb487_124ss47hhdj

That being said, I do love your work! Your passion shows for sure!

Last edited: