EVs are coming, but for how long?

I found it interesting that most Tesla owners have 2 or 3 other vehicles. I suspected that the Tesla would not be primary transportation for most. I would have never guessed that these vehicles are not even in the "backup" category.
Yeh, mostly if you are an EV owner, you have another vehicle with an IN engine. That is funny about the popularity and comfort of these cars.

The future of EVs might seem uncertain with predictions of a "tiny splash," but trends indicate growing consumer acceptance and technological advancements. Key factors include improving battery life, reducing costs, and expanding infrastructure, which are crucial for widespread adoption. The connected features in EVs also offer enhanced user experiences, potentially increasing their market appeal.

I saw Tesla dropped the lease price on the Model 3 to $299/mo. With the extra $99/mo for full-self drive, there's nobody that can compete with that. Which is an interesting model. Car companies rely on parts and service, while Tesla will sell software subscriptions (FSD, Premium Connectivity), then eventually will use their own fleet to charge for ride sharing services.

I saw Tesla dropped the lease price on the Model 3 to $299/mo. With the extra $99/mo for full-self drive, there's nobody that can compete with that. Which is an interesting model. Car companies rely on parts and service, while Tesla will sell software subscriptions (FSD, Premium Connectivity), then eventually will use their own fleet to charge for ride sharing services.
There are some insane OEM lease deals on EVs right now that are starting to pique some buyer's interest. I'm sure they will only continue to get better.

For example, Subaru has the 2023 Solterra for $241 /mo with zero down (tesla is $3k). Granted it only has a range of about 200 miles - but still pretty attractive, even if only as a second car dedicated to commuting.

Reactions: Chris Cachor
But I agree. After charging, software and FSD technology is the next thing Tesla should begin licensing to other OEM's. Poor software has been the downfall of so many EV models.

Reactions: Chris Cachor
Stumbled across this obvious activist/agenda article on how several of the major OEM's are "sabotaging" the EV transition, with Japan OEM's being the "worst."

"A damning new report has shown that nearly all major car companies are actively sabotaging the world’s efforts to avoid catastrophic global warming."

The report says Japanese automakers are the least prepared for the EV transition and have the most active, strategic engagement against it.

The (IMO) fear mongering article includes several highly challenged claims on the true impact of vehicle emissions in efforts to highlight how nearly all major car companies are actively sabotaging the world’s efforts to avoid catastrophic global warming. After you've read enough agenda driven articles, it's easy to spot the next one.

"The lobbying strategies being used by the world’s largest automakers are putting global climate targets at risk and threatening the electric vehicle transition, according to the new report released by InfluenceMap."

BTW - InfluenceMap is a corporate climate lobbying platform funded by several 'non-profit" activists organizations and foundations.

According to InfluenceMap, Toyota and Honda are two of the biggest culprits undermining the EV transition with a Climate Policy Engagement Score of a D.

I guess we are to assume these major OEM's are completely clueless to the real impact of their vehicles on climate vs the true impact lithium batteries could/will carry in the near future. It's not like Toyota wasn't one of the very first manufactures to jump into the EV sector.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 2.43.56 PM.png