EVs are coming, but for how long?

I found it interesting that most Tesla owners have 2 or 3 other vehicles. I suspected that the Tesla would not be primary transportation for most. I would have never guessed that these vehicles are not even in the "backup" category.
Yeh, mostly if you are an EV owner, you have another vehicle with an IN engine. That is funny about the popularity and comfort of these cars.

The future of EVs might seem uncertain with predictions of a "tiny splash," but trends indicate growing consumer acceptance and technological advancements. Key factors include improving battery life, reducing costs, and expanding infrastructure, which are crucial for widespread adoption. The connected features in EVs also offer enhanced user experiences, potentially increasing their market appeal.

I saw Tesla dropped the lease price on the Model 3 to $299/mo. With the extra $99/mo for full-self drive, there's nobody that can compete with that. Which is an interesting model. Car companies rely on parts and service, while Tesla will sell software subscriptions (FSD, Premium Connectivity), then eventually will use their own fleet to charge for ride sharing services.

I saw Tesla dropped the lease price on the Model 3 to $299/mo. With the extra $99/mo for full-self drive, there's nobody that can compete with that. Which is an interesting model. Car companies rely on parts and service, while Tesla will sell software subscriptions (FSD, Premium Connectivity), then eventually will use their own fleet to charge for ride sharing services.
There are some insane OEM lease deals on EVs right now that are starting to pique some buyer's interest. I'm sure they will only continue to get better.

For example, Subaru has the 2023 Solterra for $241 /mo with zero down (tesla is $3k). Granted it only has a range of about 200 miles - but still pretty attractive, even if only as a second car dedicated to commuting.

Reactions: Chris Cachor
But I agree. After charging, software and FSD technology is the next thing Tesla should begin licensing to other OEM's. Poor software has been the downfall of so many EV models.

Reactions: Chris Cachor