• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Facebook business page notifications

Chris Fousek

Push Start
Feb 20, 2010
First Name
Chris
Hi everyone,

I am looking to set up Facebook notifications from our dealership business page. As far as I can tell Facebook has these for a personal page but not a business page.There seem to be a couple of apps out there but not so sure about them. How are you staying on top of your business page comments?

Look forward to your feedback.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris-
I was wondering the same thing a while back when I started the business page for our dealership. After tinkering around a bit I still have yet to find a way to get notifications for it. So as far as I can tell, I don't think so, but someone else may have a better answer.

Unfortunately there is no way to get a notification. How this is the case I have no clue. The only work around is from your personal account "like" every post and have it in your settings that when someone comments on a post of behind you that you will be notified.

I personally don't do it as I think it might come across wrong...or at least could have the potential of looking fishy.

I wish FB could make this an option! It would make my life so much easier!

I'm with you on this one Chris. It also seems that their FAQ section isn't very helpful, and there is pretty much no other way to contact them. I've spent hours going through the site looking for an email, or a phone number or something. Never found one.... unless i just wasted a ton of time and looked in all the wrong places :cursin:

I have been experimenting with fanpagenotifier.com but haven't reached any conclusions on whether it works or not yet. It's worth having a look at though and it's better than Liking all your posts.

One other method that works if it ends up being that Liking all your posts is the best solution is to alternate Liking posts and posting a brief, meaningful response to each post. This still doesn't solve for when others post on your wall and you want to be immediately notified that they've done so, though, but it does provide something a little less cheesy than Liking everything.

Update: this free service (fanpagenotifier.com) doesn't cover follow-up responses in a post - only new wall posts.

I also found a couple of Facebook apps:
1. NutshellMail - get a summary of page notifications not as they happen, but at a specified time
2. PageNotifier - does everything you would expect it to (e-mails you when new things happen), but if you want your information more than once a day, you've got to pay a small fee that tops out at $14.95/mo for scans every 15 mins throughout the day with scaling costs if you can handle scans at a less frequent interval.

Last edited:
2. PageNotifier - does everything you would expect it to (e-mails you when new things happen), but if you want your information more than once a day, you've got to pay a small fee that tops out at $14.95/mo for scans every 15 mins throughout the day with scaling costs if you can handle scans at a less frequent interval.

Thanks for that update! PageNotifier | Facebook

Here is some info from the page after you click in "Get Application"..

You are currently enjoying the free version of Page Notifier which means your page will be scanned once every 24 hours, and emails will be sent to you at that time.

Also note that photos and albums that have been added within the last 24 hours will be scanned at the same time as your wall posts are.

Older photos and albums are scanned by a seperate job, and there can be severe delays between those scan times.

Currently, there is a delay of 9 days, 18 hours, and 32 minutes between photo scans for free users, and a delay of 4 hours, and 12 minutes between photo scans for users paying for 24 or fewer scans.

Users that are paying for 48, or 96 scans have their photos scanned every 28 minutes

In addition to more frequent scans, paying users also receive access to our exclusive "View Photo Comments" feature. This feature allows you to see all the comments on your photos and albums in a single page. (much like the feature Facebook once had, but took away)

Once you have set up your page, and it has been cached, we do allow you to use this feature one time just to try it out.

If you'd like to try the "View Photo Comments" feature click here.. Remember, you only get to try it once as a free user.

If you would like to have more frequent scans and emails, please purchase the level you would like.

Here are your options:

* 2 scans per day (every 12 hours) - $1.95/month
* 4 scans per day (every 6 hours) - $2.95/month
* 8 scans per day (every 3 hours) - $3.95/month
* 12 scans per day (every 2 hours) - $4.95/month
* 24 scans per day (once an hour) - $5.95/month
* 48 scans per day (every half hour) - $9.95/month
* 96 scans per day (every 15 minutes) - $14.95/month

Select which option you would like and click "Buy Now" to purchase your subscription. (You will need to do this manually. We don't do automatic recurring billing at this time.)