• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Facebook Marketplace

We have a few clients doing it, but I haven't seen many successes.
I think there might be some better ways to do it, but if you can set it up with little effort I think it's worthwhile to get your inventory out anywhere.

Granted, that could be because of its recency.

Yeah, it reminds me of Craigslist when it first came out. Most dealers hadn't figured it out or didn't even care about it. Personally, I have a hard time sifting through things in the Facebook marketplace, but I haven't really tried to use it for selling or purchasing yet. Craigslist is my go-to selling spot.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
I see very little little attributed towards 'Facebook Marketplace' in sales attribution circles. Granted, that could be because of its recency.

They have so few approved partners, most of which aren't really set up to do automatic posting to sites like this (ie. ContactAtOnce or SocialDealer), that I don't think its been fully fleshed out for it yet. My guess is, it will operate a lot like what we're seeing with LetGo, working best if you focus on low priced inventory and have either a really strong internet/BDC operate to get on Messenger or use a managed service. I'd also be surprised if inventory posts remain free for dealerships.

They have so few approved partners, most of which aren't really set up to do automatic posting to sites like this (ie. ContactAtOnce or SocialDealer), that I don't think its been fully fleshed out for it yet. My guess is, it will operate a lot like what we're seeing with LetGo, working best if you focus on low priced inventory and have either a really strong internet/BDC operate to get on Messenger or use a managed service. I'd also be surprised if inventory posts remain free for dealerships.
I couldn't agree more.

Yeah, it reminds me of Craigslist when it first came out. Most dealers hadn't figured it out or didn't even care about it. Personally, I have a hard time sifting through things in the Facebook marketplace, but I haven't really tried to use it for selling or purchasing yet. Craigslist is my go-to selling spot.
On a non-automotive (even though it could apply to fixed-ops) note, it looks like CL has started to charge for Services as well. My wife runs a medical billing group and I had been auto-posting all over the country for her. NOT NO MORE, it's $5 a piece. I don't mind though, it keeps the crap services out of the way and promotes those that invest in their services.

• Useful
Reactions: Alex Snyder