• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
page speed insights has almost nothing to do with SEO or user experience...

it's simple - you need separate pages for each vehicle. There are TONS of options for dealership websites that work with inventory feeds, there's no reason to try to reinvent the wheel and create some different version. Customers won't trust your site because it doesn't function like a normal dealership website... That means Google won't trust it either.
Got it, will definitely look into getting a dealership website. Wasn't trying to recreate anything just saving money lol. GoDaddy is our website provider and we mainly went with them because it was $12 a month.

In terms of functioning like a normal dealership website, is there anything else you think we should change? Or is it really just mainly the individual VDP?

page speed insights has almost nothing to do with SEO or user experience...

it's simple - you need separate pages for each vehicle. There are TONS of options for dealership websites that work with inventory feeds, there's no reason to try to reinvent the wheel and create some different version. Customers won't trust your site because it doesn't function like a normal dealership website... That means Google won't trust it either.
Also, do you or anyone else have any good companies to host our dealership website?

ah, gotcha - unfortunately, there are things you just NEED to have, so you'll have to spend more than $12 a month... There are independent website providers at the $100/month range, or if you want to go bigger, you could get something up to around $1000 a month... I'd start smaller, you shouldn't upgrade until you're selling a ton of cars and need a more robust site. Just make sure you go with a provider that includes blog functionality...

Who's writing your blog posts? Are you working with an agency or a freelancer, or doing them in-house? they're not getting indexed by Google, so you'll need to sort that out (but a platform switch would solve this too)

I would make sure that your menu is sticky, so customers don't have to scroll back up to navigate

Reactions: HK Rides
ah, gotcha - unfortunately, there are things you just NEED to have, so you'll have to spend more than $12 a month... There are independent website providers at the $100/month range, or if you want to go bigger, you could get something up to around $1000 a month... I'd start smaller, you shouldn't upgrade until you're selling a ton of cars and need a more robust site. Just make sure you go with a provider that includes blog functionality...

Who's writing your blog posts? Are you working with an agency or a freelancer, or doing them in-house? they're not getting indexed by Google, so you'll need to sort that out (but a platform switch would solve this too)

I would make sure that your menu is sticky, so customers don't have to scroll back up to navigate
Thank you for all your help!

We have DealerCenter for our DMS and they offer websites for about $100 a month, will check that out. We write our blogs in house but there is a section in our website builder specifically for blogs, not sure how to get it indexed?

I like where Greg is going with this. It might sound crazy, but the first thing I would do if I walked in to a new store with full control is to wipe out all marketing expense until I had my website built the way I wanted it. I would add pieces one at a time measuring the effectiveness of each individual piece after that.
Appreciate the insight, thank you. Should be getting a new website this week!

Reactions: Tallcool1