• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Which wolf will you feed Bill...​

View attachment 9086

... lead gen or user experience, or... ?​

Great question. As you know, the guest experience is the number one priority for me. My website is not a lead generation tool. It is an information gathering tool for the guest. I believe that if you build the website around the guest experience, the leads will come.

For instance, I've had consistently more leads and sales from my new Motive website than I ever did before and I believe that site is built around the guest experience. A deeper example: we have tried a few different prequalification tools before switching to Motive and using their built-in prequalification tool. We barely ever got anything out of any of them. Last month, the prequalification leads alone accounted for 7% of our entire business for the month.

Looking at your AutoTrader Listing on the 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 here are my suggestions.

Photos- The photo quality is good, but you aren't showing the options the vehicle has. Build the Value. Our photos should sell the car. It looks like it should have a panoramic sunroof, but there isn't a photo of it. Your description shows that it has applecar play.. turn the vehicle on and take a photo of it. You should have pictures of the radio screen on and working. Show the different screens/pages and show the backup camera.

The fair market range according to the widget on that page is $22,455 - $25,088. So with your vehicle being priced lower than that, it should have the "Great Price" Badge but it doesn't. That means it probably has a branded title for either a manufacturer buyback, structural damage, or total loss.

That means you need to show why it's still a good buy. Maybe add a short video of it running and driving.

Hope this helps!