• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GM Lead Response Times

Blake, there's one dealer in our area who's consistently number 1 in response time with any average response time of 15-30 minutes. They have ProMax as their CRM. I've sent fake requests to them and it definitely seems like an auto-responder. We're working on figuring out how they get around it. I'll let you know though about what we figure out.

This is my first post on Dealer Refresh but this is a huge issue that I've been dealing with for quite some time. I have been calling various dealers throughout every region and everyoneishaving the same trouble. My issue was that I could pull Response time reports in my CRM and see a 2 hr response time but my GM rep would bring me a report showing an absurdly high number and with me only responding to about 75% of my leads at all. Here are a few things that I have picked up and I hope they help (using these tips I was able to make the reports match up almost perfectly):

1.) GM does NOT count any response under 10 mins because they assume it is an autoresponder.
2.) GM IS judging us on a 24 hour clock because they are basing it on when the customer submits the lead. I had setup the store hours in my CRM to reflect our store hours and that was part of the discrepancy between our reports. On a side note here, I would respond to some of my leads before 8 o'clock, which is when we open, and it would put down a 0hr 0min response and GM would not count that time. When this happens, the clock kept running until I sent my Day 2 response which accounted for my absurdly high score.

These are both epiphanies that hit me yesterday so I'm still not sure that these are perfect fixes but I'm going to go with it for the next 30 days and see if I can figure out what happened for sure. I went in and reset our hours of operation in my CRM to open @ 12:10 AM and close @ 11:50 PM (Long enough for a bathroom break and a Red Bull run)

Like I said, not positive that this will work but at least it is a step in the right direction. Check back with me in 32 days and I'll let you know how well it worked.

Joel

We stopped taking the bulk of GM leads about two years ago (I was still a salesperson then). So we get very few GM leads. Our report shows that we got 3 last month and try as I may there are only two to be found in Autobase. It also showed an average response time of something like 23 hours (yeah he's flipping out:rofl:) The ones I do have showing up in AB are 1hr 3min and 1hr 35min. Any thoughts on what might have happened? I am meeting with AB rep next week so I will also share if I find anything out on that end.

Well in our system we show response time reports to our customers both ways. Based on actual response and adjusted to dealer hours. I feel that dealer adjusted hours are more realistic, but GM doesn't

GM does it based on actual time though. So those leads that come in Sunday morning at 3am will ding your response times.

GM has switched to a "real time" reporting from the CRM systems. We send them data every few minutes so there is no longer any delay in their reporting. I don't know if iMagicLab has made that jump yet. GM is trying to get all the CRMs to switch.

GM's guidelines is to answer 95% of all the leads within 5 hours and 100% within 24 hours. Those are the guidelines I have been told.

We stopped taking the bulk of GM leads about two years ago (I was still a salesperson then). So we get very few GM leads. Our report shows that we got 3 last month and try as I may there are only two to be found in Autobase. It also showed an average response time of something like 23 hours (yeah he's flipping out:rofl:) The ones I do have showing up in AB are 1hr 3min and 1hr 35min. Any thoughts on what might have happened? I am meeting with AB rep next week so I will also share if I find anything out on that end.

Brent, let me know what you find out from Autobase! I just found out that I can now configure our Internet Opportunity Report to reflect the lead response time to the dealers hours HOWEVER, I doubt this is what is being sent to GM.

Matt, those are the current guidelines setup by GM, but they will be requiring more out of us. 100% of leads responded to and an average response time of 2:00 hours. That will be the new requirement for receiving our SFE quarterly bonus and will be enacted here in the next few months.

I'm not familiar with AutoBase, but I think your problem might be related to a duplicate record in the system. It took me forever to realize that iMagicLab creates a separate record for the dup. You might want to check that out.

I'm not familiar with AutoBase, but I think your problem might be related to a duplicate record in the system. It took me forever to realize that iMagicLab creates a separate record for the dup. You might want to check that out.

I thought about that too, but I am pretty sure the lead would have shown up in the leads log for the month. I also thought it might have been one I marked invalid, but it wasn't.

HAS ANYONE SEEN MY GM LEAD!!!????:huh?:

Maybe I should file a missing persons report.