• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google My Business adds inventory

I mean I don’t see choosing not to give a major competitor money & data every month as emotional, but that’s just me.

I agree that changing vendors on a whim is generally a poor choice. But I don’t think it applies here at all. To each their own, eh?
I hear ya. We don't have a CarMax within any of our markets. The day I get confirmation that they're using our Edmunds relationship (money and data) against us, I would end that relationship. The main result of that acquisition is for CarMax to become the largest online buyer of used autos. We have people come in with their quotes but at the end of the day we don't lose those. CarGurus, Cars.com, CarFax, Edmunds pits us against our local competitors all day but I still give them money and data. I would rather be where the buyers are. CarMax was looking at land behind one of our largest Ford stores and we would have welcomed it. The traffic by our location would have been great and we don't have a fence LOL!

Anthony, nothing wrong with saying "We" if you work for them. How about throwing out the process that a dealer would need to go through with you guys if they wanted to at least get started. Also, give your insight to the program and where it is going from a Vendor perspective?
Hey Dan - signed up with DBA for a few of my dealers to get the feed on their GMB.... it was there for about 2 weeks and then disappeared. Thinking DBA got their hand slapped?? They have not responded to my inquiries.. Any thoughts/ideas?

Hey Dan - signed up with DBA for a few of my dealers to get the feed on their GMB.... it was there for about 2 weeks and then disappeared. Thinking DBA got their hand slapped?? They have not responded to my inquiries.. Any thoughts/ideas?
Who are you working with there? I've worked with "River Grace" <[email protected]> and he usually replies within 24 hours.

Who are you working with there? I've worked with "River Grace" <[email protected]> and he usually replies within 24 hours.
just got a call from them. Ironic timing! Apparantly they had a big snafu with Google last week (as I surmised) and had to have a ton of their dealers reconfirm GMB (to ensure it was linked to the DBA account). Sounds like they have it back on track and listings should repopulate this week. Thanks for your quick reply. Nice to network with others 'in the know' :)

Reactions: Dan Sayer
Looking at our listings on GMB Cars For Sale there is no UTM on the "Visit Dealer" link to track that to our sites so not sure how I would track traffic and use? Looks like it shows up similar to "Website" clicks from GMB to the sites. Google, as it does by default in other areas, labels it as (direct)/(none) as Source/Medium. Which is a good reminder to all to add a UTM to your GMB Website link so it shows up in your Organic traffic (if you pay attention to that sort of thing).
We've been live for almost an entire month at 1 store and have UTM tags on the URLs. Results thus far.....1, yes 1, website visitor.

We've been live for almost an entire month at 1 store and have UTM tags on the URLs. Results thus far.....1, yes 1, website visitor.
But you sold them and made $6,000 front and back. ROI is infinite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :google:

It'll be interesting to see what direction Google takes this. Not expecting anything earth shattering right now but want to be on the bus when they decide to hit the gas!

• Hilarious
Reactions: Ryan Everson
But you sold them and made $6,000 front and back. ROI is infinite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :google:

It'll be interesting to see what direction Google takes this. Not expecting anything earth shattering right now but want to be on the bus when they decide to hit the gas!
Yeah our OEM reps are already pressuring stores to sign up with certain vendors charging $300+ /mo for this GMB Cars For Sale service acting like it's going to drive immediate, substantial results.

I am excited to try the monetized version - Google vehicle listing ads. Those ads appear to be fed from Google Merchant Center though, not GMB.