• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How are your new car sales for November 2011 so far?

Re: How is new card sales for November so far ?

It's not just you brother. I'm a Toyota Dealer an hour south of you. Guess what our New car dept is off by?... 40.2%. You're number is pretty accurate I'd say.

Used is up 20% though. I've personally sold 10 used and only 4 new. That is out of the ordinary for me to have 2.5 to 1 (used vs. New)

Blake, How well does Koons Tysons Toyota and Darcars Toyota do on new cars? In the "new car specials" section of your website, think having some might help?

Re: How is new card sales for November so far ?

Koons Tyson's does very well. They are over three times our size, have a 499 processing (299 more than ours) advertise prices as " plus freight", and post prices online. I can't post prices online, we don't like to add freight back in currently, and don't have the allocation that they get.

I have to plead "no comment" about Darcars. I used to work for Darcars and my father is a Sales manager at the DarCars college park Nissan and VW. That's reall all I want to say, too much history involved to give an unbiased answer.

Yes it would help to have specials on our website. It would help to have ISMs to answer all of these leads. It would help to have more efficient tools. It would help to be able to implement a better process. It would help to know what is expected of me. It would help if i could contribute to the bottom line as badly as i want to. It would help to have the power to do all of these things. It would help to have a pay plan to pay me for doing all of these things.
I want all of this more than I've ever wanted anything in my life.
However, I currently have the payplan of a salesmen, the expectations of a director, and the power of a lot tech. You can see how this presents some problems . I can't want it for them.

Blake, I'm seeing a post that is long on excuses and short on plan.