• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How are your new car sales for November 2011 so far?

Advertising, less destination/transportation, is against the motor vehicle regulations here but it still goes on. You could put "our prices include transportation" in your comments which would show up on both your website and third party sites.

I don't think that Honda can tell a dealer what they can sell a car for. Today, I was looking at a website that had a dozen new 2010s. I would have every one of them marked below invoice.

I don't think that Honda can tell a dealer what they can sell a car for. Today, I was looking at a website that had a dozen new 2010s. I would have every one of them marked below invoice.

They certainly can! At least they can tell you how you can advertise your cars, and pricing is a big deal with them. They tie oodles of dollars in "programs" to their Marketing Standards Covenants. 3 strikes, and you're out!

I'm a cradel to grave internet salesman. I get paid to sell.

Then our puesdo-director left.

Now they want me to maintain and communicate with lead providers, maintain our website, get google adwords cetified, help with our new website we are rolling out, do vauto comments, help price used cars in vauto, do lead source reports, maintain the appointment log , blah blah blah. All for free. That's the problem.

I'm familiar. Welcome to the plantation.

They certainly can! At least they can tell you how you can advertise your cars, and pricing is a big deal with them. They tie oodles of dollars in "programs" to their Marketing Standards Covenants. 3 strikes, and you're out!

I stand corrected. Nissan signed a consent decree after they were sued for that. I went to work for them when I graduated. We had to go to a class to learn "talking points" when discussing advertised prices with dealers.

Correct. I'm not interested in that.

I'd love a shot at taking the dealership to new heights.that's not possible unless We hire more people , train them right , implement a better process that is more efficient , improve our online marketing stradegy and be able to make changes quicker. Its sounding like I won't be the descion maker for any Of these things. I would effectively be a puppet yes man who does the bitch work of the Internet dept so the desk "managers" don't have to. And I won't be held accountable for training new hires and held accountable for dept performance .

Sounds fair right?

Keep in mind , I sell 16-21 cars a month while doing none of the above. Ive been expected to continue selling cars while doing all of that. Obviously all of the busy work affects my sales.

Why would I do more work for less money?

Blake, reading this I see a basic plan. You need to type it with more detail. Number of ISMs, goals, processes, your marketing plan etc. This along with your proposed pay plan, sit down with either your GSM or GM. Let them know that a good Internet department should sell atleast 50% of the cars. Dealerships revolve around self interest. Paint them a picture. This is what we could and should be doing.

Reactions: 1 person
Correct. I'm not interested in that.

I'd love a shot at taking the dealership to new heights.that's not possible unless We hire more people , train them right , implement a better process that is more efficient , improve our online marketing stradegy and be able to make changes quicker. Its sounding like I won't be the descion maker for any Of these things. I would effectively be a puppet yes man who does the bitch work of the Internet dept so the desk "managers" don't have to. And I won't be held accountable for training new hires and held accountable for dept performance .

Sounds fair right?

Keep in mind , I sell 16-21 cars a month while doing none of the above. Ive been expected to continue selling cars while doing all of that. Obviously all of the busy work affects my sales.

Why would I do more work for less money?

If your boss read your post, would he or she be happy that you consider yourself to be "a puppet yes man who does the bitch work of the Internet dept so the desk "managers" don't have to" .

You make $100K a year & sound unhappy.