• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How are your new car sales for November 2011 so far?

Re: How is new card sales for November so far ?

It's not just you brother. I'm a Toyota Dealer an hour south of you. Guess what our New car dept is off by?... 40.2%. You're number is pretty accurate I'd say.

Used is up 20% though. I've personally sold 10 used and only 4 new. That is out of the ordinary for me to have 2.5 to 1 (used vs. New)

Wow. Big numbers. Our store, New Car is tracking a tick ahead of last year, but nowhere near the 10% Automotive News reports the SAAR will jump for November.

We do have Honda and Toyota -- and I have noticed some sluggishness in Honda, yes. However, with Happy Honda Days and Toyotathon just now kicking-off, I really am optimistic for a decent finish. It's all about the "deal" these last couple of years.

Re: How is new card sales for November so far ?

New cars is slacking across the board for my dealers. Even my performing Nissan dealer seems to be for once having a disappointing month so far. Used has been strong but no idea what is going on with new. New car leads are above the norm but people, our traffic is there but it "seems" no one is closing. Hoping the end of the month wraps up strong.

Things have been a little down for us all month until today on the new side. Our used side of things are rocking and rolling for us. We did just launch a campaign that is running until the end of the month for us and should end up strong.

Here is a question for Honda guys. How have you been marketing the certificates ?&nbsp; <BR>Do you have any left to use for the month end ?<BR>Have you added them to deals just to show a higher gross ? <BR>

We haven't advertised with the certs, but we have used them all and working for the ones to earn for December. We are running a promo right now that has seemed to pick up some steam with our "Employee Purchase Program." We are hoping for 90 which will be about a 10% increase over last year which should happen.