• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How are your new car sales for November 2011 so far?

Re: How is new card sales for November so far ?

However, I currently have the payplan of a salesmen, the expectations of a director, and the power of a lot tech. You can see how this presents some problems . I can't want it for them.

Patience, my lad. I was in that EXACT same place! Have a plan, make it easy for them -- it's a lot of work for you now, but you're young -- you are supposed to work hard! :)

You have a GREAT list there! Tackle them one at a time: one step in front of the other. Be patient, and be smarter than "they" are.

Reactions: 1 person

So my plan is to not fix problems until I get paid for it and until I have the power to fix problems.
Plan B is to stay an ISM making $100,000 a year in the middle Of a recession.

Fucking troll, man

Blake, did I hurt your feelings? Welcome to management.

"So my plan is to not fix problems until I get paid for it and until I have the power to fix problems."
Sounds like they have given you the title and they will hold you responsible, regardless. Not fixing the problems is not going to be a winning strategy. I think that "this is where we are", "this is where I want to go", "this is what I need to be successful" might help. Atleast, they can't hold you responsible if you aren't given the resources. Have the documentation.

I will try to help you. Send me an email.

I didn't accept it yet. I asked a lot of questions and asked for clear goals and a pay plan .
I've seen the "here's a new title, try it out for awhile, we'll figure out a pay plan eventually but need your help now."
It normally doesn't turn out well. I don't want to set myself up for failure on my first go around. Past Poor performance follows you around town. I don't want to have failure on my resume. If I am not a successful manager/director, I want to know it was my fault, not the system's fault.

What do you get if you turn it down?

Blake, Your compensation would be the last part of the plan. I would suggest a set amount for each car, that your department sells, plus bonuses for low response time, days to market, closing percentages as a percent of leads, etc. Having several bonuses will help while you are getting things set up.

You need a snap shot of what is taking place now. You need about every statistic that effects internet performance.

My offer stands.

My current job, and the opportunity to stop being an enabler. We might need to hit bottom before an intervention works.

Welp, you have an opportunity to take the bull by the horns and steer your own path (no pun intended... well, maybe a little :)).

Opportunities seldom come around a second time. MAKE what you want happen -- don't wait for it.

John, Im trying to make it happen on a daily basis, I haven't given up. I simply refused to take a job without a clear pay plan and goals. Appetantly this surprised everyone. I don't understand why this through everyone or a loop.

We wouldn't sell a car without agreeing to price or payments, why would "selling" a job be any different. They tried to get the milk without buying the cow. They took a shot, it's not the end of the world . I'm waiting on them to make move.

Along the lines of "Making it easy:" Give them a pay plan you think is fair. Base it on actual research. Spell out their ROI. Make it black-and-white, show them what a bargain you are! Don't wait for them. The worse they can do is say, "No," right?

Re: How are your new car sales for November so far ?

A page ago, D.Davis asked if Northwest Honda (my area) is up in sales.

Yes.. Northwest is up ... They are advertising prices without freight on their wesbite & below invoice, which is a violation of Honda agreement.