• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How many 3rd Party Lead Providers do you use?

I was just looking at an old Cobolt study and according to them 3rd party leads are the consumers top choice when shopping for autos. Read it here!

Duplicates can be a major issue since some vendors will resell leads to other parties which in return will sell them to others. Best to have a good CRM system that can ferret out duplicates.

How many duplicates do you see with Autobytel
Dealix, AutoUSA

We saw a great deal of duplicates with these providers...We dropped all of them.

After doing a deeper dive, it seemed that occasionally we were given the same lead a month after we originally received it. May have been a fluke in their software; but, we decided that the ROI was not there.

I was just looking at an old Cobolt study and according to them 3rd party leads are the consumers top choice when shopping for autos. Read it here!

Duplicates can be a major issue since some vendors will resell leads to other parties which in return will sell them to others. Best to have a good CRM system that can ferret out duplicates.

Of course they are.. Dealix is the one who did the study, they sell them, you think they wouldn't fluff results.. lol.
But we don't buy any leads, just the OEM leads which are sometimes collected from 3 parties anyways, so they are fine.
My goal is website leads, hope to reach around 120-140/leads a month off the website, getting closer each month.