• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

I am BEYOND frustrated with Dealer.com

My problem with Dealer.com is our support. Unless it is a very simple request our questions often go unanswered. We've bounced between different account managers and none of them have been responsive or helpful. Our previous account manager was VERY unknowledgeable about the unique inventory problems created by the official Acura website template. So, I sympathize with you.

I am curious about *who* at Dealer.com told you to look elsewhere. I can't believe a competent Dealer.com representative would let your organization walk away, with all those rooftops your monthly bill must be hefty.

I was shocked to see the title of this post pop onto my screen because I have the exact opposite opinion of Dealer.com. I've worked with my rep, Shane, for a long time and he is always responsive, helpful, quick.. everything you'd hope for. When I have a concern or question Shane goes above and beyond to assist me. I've never experienced any issues like the ones you're describing, and we've used the eBay feature at our Jaguar Porsche Audi dealer for a while. I'm sure there was just some sort of misunderstanding on the part of the specific representative you're dealing with.

My advice would be to reach out to the next level.. his manager, or supervisor. I second Art in thinking there is no way a "competent" rep would advise you to take your business elsewhere. Maybe you got a hold of someone on a bad day or something. If I was a bettin' lady, I'd put my money on you receiving a swift and satisfactory resolution.

I agree. For example, to change our site text from "trebuchet ms" to "Arial" - which is simply changing the name in the css file - it will be $150.

That is crazy! Our rep said the high price is due to the hourly rate they charge, which must be around $1000 per hour because that is a 2 minute change - at the most!

Also, I am fed up with the so called "SEO experts" at Dealer.com. THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE DOING and it seems to me they do not have any hands on experience - they just read whatever is on the latest SEO blogs & they do not understand the simple concept of DUPLICATE CONTENT HURTS YOUR RANKINGS.

They keep replacing our new & fresh content with the SAME CONTENT that is on every out-of-the-box Dealer.com website. Of course universal keywords are changed like [Dealer Name] [Dealer Make] [Street Address] [Town address] etc but Google is not stupid.

Just my 2cents...for now...could go on..:)

Reactions: 2 people
Hey All,

Matt from Dealer.com here. There are a few different things to talk about in this thread, and I will do my best to satisfy each of you.

@EChris: I am a bit surprised, as is Art apparently, that you were told to take your business elsewhere. If there are specific issues with the eBay tool on your end I would like to discuss them with you and I would expect that you will be hearing from a couple of people here at Dealer.com. You'll find my contact info at the end of this post.

@ArtMorris: I would like to acknowledge that different website programs can sometimes have very specific requirements and compliance regulations. We do, however, have a dedicated team on staff that is charged with digesting and satisfying Acura specific guidelines. Secondly, I have to point out that our Account Management team consistently raises it's customer satisfaction rating, or NPS rating, every quarter. If your experience has not been inline with the majority of our clients let's talk about some specific examples. Again, my contact info is below.

@stephaniepauk: Oh Youtube. This is a discussion that we have had with many clients over a long period of time. Although I can appreciate your desire to get the vids online, I have a couple of thoughts to share on this:

1. Youtube has very clear regulations about the posting of videos to their service. One of those regulations specifically prohibits the automated posting of videos. This presents an enormous challenge when you consider that a dealer has perhaps 100-300 vehicles on their lot, each with their own video. I ask you to be patient while we work through ensuring that we are not banned from posting to Youtube because, as you can imagine, they will find it very easy to identify us as an automated service. Also, please be sure that your Account Manager has your credentials etc...

2. More importantly: Put yourself in the Youtube users shoes for a minute. I enjoy the occasional video at Youtube and generally its a viral comedy like Double Rainbow Guy. I don't, however, use Youtube to shop for anything. Although this seems like a hurdle for your dealership, I would expect that this will in fact not add anything to your bottom line. We offer the service because many many dealers are interested in posting to Youtube. If I were running an internet department however, there would be many initiatives that would come far before this one. If you would like to discuss with me, feel free to use my contact info below.

I would like to thank each of you for being Dealer.com clients and remind you that feedback is how we improve both products and services. Working through an issue, no matter how big or small, helps our team grow and learn how to better serve you and the industry as a whole.

Matt Murray
Director, Digital Marketing
[email protected]

Reactions: 1 person
I must admit that our experiences with Dealer.com have been on both sides of the coin.

Currently I am more than pleased with the effort, performance and help offered by our current rep Mat Katz. We had struggles with our previous reps in the past but after pushing we got Mat. It seems to me that Dealer.com should do a better job of matching up clients skill levels with an appropriate rep.

Overall though I like the Dealer.com platform and can certainly understand people frustrations.

I agree. For example, to change our site text from "trebuchet ms" to "Arial" - which is simply changing the name in the css file - it will be $150.

That is crazy! Our rep said the high price is due to the hourly rate they charge, which must be around $1000 per hour because that is a 2 minute change - at the most!

Also, I am fed up with the so called "SEO experts" at Dealer.com. THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE DOING and it seems to me they do not have any hands on experience - they just read whatever is on the latest SEO blogs & they do not understand the simple concept of DUPLICATE CONTENT HURTS YOUR RANKINGS.

They keep replacing our new & fresh content with the SAME CONTENT that is on every out-of-the-box Dealer.com website. Of course universal keywords are changed like [Dealer Name] [Dealer Make] [Street Address] [Town address] etc but Google is not stupid.

Just my 2cents...for now...could go on..:)

Jake, I don't think there will ever be a solution to this with any major website provider. If you truly want unique content, you will have to go in and edit what is there or create your own. If you need some help or guidance, let me know, I have created over 1000 pages of custom content on our sites, and the payoff is tremendous in SEO if you are willing to take the time to do it...