• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

I am BEYOND frustrated with Dealer.com

DDC and frustration?

I :heart: my support reps...I know many by voice/name (and they know me)...maybe I have a few issues...but I always get a response within an acceptable amount of time. I'm understanding & even when frantic..today DNA2221731...I'm still a happy person & speak reasonably--PS I'm hoping for the requisite call as I'm driving into work in the morning "it's all fixed-sorry" :hello:

Custom stuff on DDC? I have a no frills site and a frugal...
Anyway...yes my site needs an overhaul and is a bit cluttered (least of my dealer's issues); However, I have added most anything I have wanted within Chrysler's limits without a charge. I'm not going to get into a lot of code...that's just asking to break something on a site meant to function like DDC. I've even added google chat w/indicator light (no budget fosters ingenuity?).

Biggest thing I've learned working with DDC...ASK! If you want something and can't figure out how to DIY, ask and if you don't get an answer, ask for someone who knows more about the subject...note who you work with and soon you'll have a list of who does what the best...then just ask for the person you need. I don't really have an account manager and this has worked very well for me!

The reason there are so many vendors? Everyone wants & needs something to work differently. We all know & understand~and DR is a great place to get info as you look into new relationships.

Kcar I think we get you're not in DDC's boat...that's cool, you'll find what works for you. But with all the talk of transparency...how about some on your side--you're not lurking, why still hide?

You're welcome from a few people ;)

It's appreciated very much so and this forum as a whole has proven to be one of the most invaluable tools I've come across - so kudos to the folks who make it all happen.

*I also wanted to state that Dealer.com very promptly addressed the broader issue, assigned us a new rep who is a little more tech-savvy and he's going to be out to meet with us in person this January. My experience as a whole has certainly been very professional and was definitely handled properly/efficiently. Cheers to the new rep, a clean slate and all the helpful individuals who contributed to the outcome.

Reactions: 2 people

If you go it alone, IT's ALL YOUR FAULT.
If you go it alone, you had better be the smartest guy in the room
If you go it alone, it will test your management skills to the max (organization, communications & time management)

Another example of a DIY site, built for all the right reasons (by a marvelously unique dealer), yet, it's costing them business Search - Dick Hannah Honda

Screen Shot.jpg
ooo... It's responsive too. Geeks are running the show there. If Hanna's leadership put the web design team on commission, they'd see their world a lot differently.

p.s. a pal of mine PM'd me, told me I was nuts bringing up this 2yr old thread with the damning title.

For the record, IMO, this is one of DR's classic threads. It's filled with lots of smart players from a few years back. We all know no ones perfect, what makes you a trusted player is how your team rally's to fix things. As happened several times here on DR, we quickly resolved the problem.