I'm tempted to lease a Nissan Ariya

By the way, my point in making this thread wasn't to highlight the Ariya. It was to show other dealers there may be some super creative lease deals on EVs. The key to this Nissan one is the Vermont power companies running their own incentives to put this over the top.
Exactly what I did when the big discount came up on the 23 bZ4X. And *POOF* it's gone. That would suggest you are very right.

I can't believe I'm considering this, but the local dealership has $50K MSRP Ariyas at $5,000 out the door through an 18-month one-pay lease through NMAC. It is down to $4,000 if your local power company has the extra EV rebate. Mine just gives $100/yr credit plus a free stage 2 charger.

If you have a Nissan store, it is worth checking to see if you can get an Ariya into some crazy lease setups.

The only reason I'm considering it is for the money.
I've been considering the BZ4X for the same reason. It's not a great EV but the employee lease deal is almost too good to pass up. Back and forth to work on the cheap!

Reactions: joe.pistell
I've been considering the BZ4X for the same reason. It's not a great EV but the employee lease deal is almost too good to pass up. Back and forth to work on the cheap!
I went ahead and did it. The dealer did me a solid, making it impossible to turn the deal down. These guys have been selling 3 to 5 Ariyas per day since advertising this one-pay lease on Craigslist and in 1 local Marketplace group on Facebook. When he told me that, my jaw hit the floor. The day I contracted, two couples were back, each leasing a second one.

The styling isn't my favorite on a lot of these EVs. I'm not a fan of the wheels on the Ariya. I also cannot get on board with EVs as planet savers and will continue to laugh at the people who ignore all the issues of battery production and disposal and how energy pollution is created while they pompously virtue signal in blissful ignorance.

However, I can now buy in on the benefits of driving an EV. If this is the early days of development, I am very excited about the future of blended fuel sources (hybrids, for example). The idea of electric torque and combustion horsepower does make me a bit giddy for some giant tires on a massive pickup truck and getting 30+ MPG. Or running a 160 MPH sports car 600 miles on one tank of fuel with a 3-second 0-60 time.

The Ariya is our third car. It will just be an errand car and kid mover on the weekdays. Our other vehicles are gas guzzlers that are fun and good to look at. Those cars bring us joy! Although we have had three cars for years, this is the first time we have a purpose-owned one that is just for around town. This may be a formula we stick with. Once this Ariya lease is up in 18th months we'll probably consider another EV in that role... maybe another Ariya if the deal is still good.

Reactions: Jon Singo
I went ahead and did it. The dealer did me a solid, making it impossible to turn the deal down. These guys have been selling 3 to 5 Ariyas per day since advertising this one-pay lease on Craigslist and in 1 local Marketplace group on Facebook. When he told me that, my jaw hit the floor. The day I contracted, two couples were back, each leasing a second one.

The styling isn't my favorite on a lot of these EVs. I'm not a fan of the wheels on the Ariya. I also cannot get on board with EVs as planet savers and will continue to laugh at the people who ignore all the issues of battery production and disposal and how energy pollution is created while they pompously virtue signal in blissful ignorance.

However, I can now buy in on the benefits of driving an EV. If this is the early days of development, I am very excited about the future of blended fuel sources (hybrids, for example). The idea of electric torque and combustion horsepower does make me a bit giddy for some giant tires on a massive pickup truck and getting 30+ MPG. Or running a 160 MPH sports car 600 miles on one tank of fuel with a 3-second 0-60 time.

The Ariya is our third car. It will just be an errand car and kid mover on the weekdays. Our other vehicles are gas guzzlers that are fun and good to look at. Those cars bring us joy! Although we have had three cars for years, this is the first time we have a purpose-owned one that is just for around town. This may be a formula we stick with. Once this Ariya lease is up in 18th months we'll probably consider another EV in that role... maybe another Ariya if the deal is still good.
It's hard to pass that deal up when you factor in cost of ownership/fuel (electricity) costs. I'm in the same boat as you on EVs. They have their place, generally aren't environmentally friendly, but do offer a great alternative (especially as a 3rd vehicle). Lots of promising tech is going to come from their development which will eventually trickle down to the rest of the market.

We've got two gas guzzlers and one takes premium. An EV would be perfect for our family in the same way it is for yours. When I get around to going solar it's going to be a no-brainer as a 3rd vehicle.

Imagine that, more people would buy EV's if they were affordable.

Reactions: Alex Snyder
Imagine that, more people would buy EV's if they were affordable.

If more people get behind the wheel of one, more people may have interest.

I'm STILL not a fan and would NOT want one as my full timer for MANY reason, but they are an impressive drive. The first manufacturer that introduces an affordable 80's style Toyota MR2 (3rd vehicle) would have the potential of earning my business.

1714510802133.png

Government efficiency = $1.1 Billion per charging station

They should have prioritized subsidizing the installation of chargers at:
  • Private homes
  • Apartment complexes
  • Office parking lots
  • Hotels
^ This would cover 95% of charging needs and encourage more people to buy EVs. Let Tesla handle the charging stations for road trips.

Biden's EV station initiative requires the purchase of expensive real estate, upfront infrastructure investments, etc. Homes, complexes, parking lots, and hotels would have a much lower cost / charger.