I'm tempted to lease a Nissan Ariya

If more people get behind the wheel of one, more people may have interest.

I'm STILL not a fan and would NOT want one as my full timer for MANY reason, but they are an impressive drive. The first manufacturer that introduces an affordable 80's style Toyota MR2 (3rd vehicle) would have the potential of earning my business.
See, the government should have set aside a few million for an influencer program to help change the EV perception.

While I don't love how they are being shoved down everyone's throats, I think a lot of the jadedness against EV's is somewhat misguided.

Like I would gladly pay $1,000 to install a gas station in my garage. That's a bargain for that level of convenience! Yet paying $1,000 to install an EV charger is somehow horrible (not to mention most electric companies will provide a $500-$1,000 rebate to pay for charger installation).

The Chinese Communist Party is using TikTok to influence American sentiment regarding certain issues, the US Government should take a page out of their playbook and do the same thing with EV's via influencers.

EV's really do make a lot of sense for a lot of people, especially if you keep an ICE in the family for the occasional longer road trips. Maybe we need people other than politicians and Hollywood elites making that case. Addressing common myths, overcoming the standard objections, pointing out all of the benefits, etc.

And we as car dealers are partially at fault. It's a self-fulfilling fallacy of dealerships / salespeople thinking EVs suck, so they don’t try very hard to sell them.

But to be fair, EV's have only recently become "affordable", so maybe the tides are starting to turn and perceptions will change!

Last edited:
If more people get behind the wheel of one, more people may have interest.

I'm STILL not a fan and would NOT want one as my full timer for MANY reason, but they are an impressive drive. The first manufacturer that introduces an affordable 80's style Toyota MR2 (3rd vehicle) would have the potential of earning my business.
It's A LOT closer to happening than you think (in the aftermarket). You might be able to find someone willing to try and modify the 911 kit to an MR2. Price feels high but if you buy a chassis without a motor the cost might be palatable.