• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Internet Lead Follow-up

So, Jeff - are you referring to Polk lead scoring?

Not answering for Jeff, but I hope he is. I've become quite the fan of Polk's Lead Scoring as it has matured. I have to admit that I was skeptical when it first came out, but sign me up today!

Focusing on the "right" customers for our dealership's capabilities is what it is all about. Don't think of it as cherry-picking, but giving you some breathing room for an understaffed Internet department and providing the guidance to tackle the first customers that will convert soonest. It absolutely doesn't mean ignoring certain customers as I originally misinterpreted it when it first came out.

And done right you can make it flexible. So when your capabilities evolve you can change how you tackle certain scores.

Jeff can speak more to it. He's been working with Polk's Lead Scoring much longer than I have. However, he was the one who convinced me it was truly worth it.

In the first of twelve steps, I'll get this meeting started.

:hello: my name is Alex and I'm guilty....

You were present for all 8 hours of the training I did when at Checkered Flag! You're not guilty!

You would be surprised at how many managers skip our onsite training sessions thinking it's only for the reps. If managers can't do it, then why would they expect the salespeople to.

Occasionally we'll bring on a new client for coaching and when we coach a manager they are generally no better than the salespeople. They will even tell us not to coach managers anymore.

The dealerships that perform the best on our program are the ones who demand the same perfection from their management team.