• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Inventory & Marketing Manager Worth

Guys,

He's a mini kcar. Brandon, like kcar see's the car biz in a different light than car guys do, and, as the car biz becomes more and more technical, guys like Brandon take on a hero persona ('cuz Car Guys hate technical stuff).

My guess is Brandon's a car guy novice with some technical abilities and when he speaks geek talk at the dealership everyone thinks he walks on water.

AKA: A Car noob in Geeks clothing.

Brandon,

Look at your list of tasks on your list below.

Really Brandon? Really?
At one years of experience, you've listed 16 daily tasks that I would NEVER let you alone with. Here is all I'd EXPECT you to accomplish alone at year one.

1. Entered customers into CRM database
  2. Worked as a salesman and desk manager on Saturday’s to help with any overflow customers, while continuing my regular duties (aka Walmart greeter)
  3. ...ensure that our trades and any purchase units were clean and frontline ready, photographed and posted online, etc.
  4. A variety of other tasks and reports as needed by the GM

Agreed with Joe and added that if you master to do all these tasks well you can almost get ay job at any dealer in the future.

Few places will allow one person to "touch" so many crucial points t the dealer's infrastructure. Take the opportunity and learn.

Guys,

He's a mini kcar. Brandon, like kcar see's the car biz in a different light than car guys do, and, as the car biz becomes more and more technical, guys like Brandon take on a hero persona ('cuz Car Guys hate technical stuff).

My guess is Brandon's a car guy novice with some technical abilities and when he speaks geek talk at the dealership everyone thinks he walks on water.

AKA: A Car noob in Geeks clothing.

I'm a geek! If technical expertise makes you a geek then I'm not as big a geek as most on here. I have to be a geek or why would I come on DealerRefresh? I may be wrong, but I view DealerRefresh as an area where you can share ideas about how to best sell cars over the internet. None of us sell cars in large numbers by our selves. You better be a salesman, sales manager, advertising manager, marketing manager, used car manager, controller..................marriage counselor and play school teacher.

I'm a geek! ...[snip]... You better be a salesman, sales manager, advertising manager, marketing manager, used car manager, controller..................marriage counselor and play school teacher.

There it is Brandon. You cannot rest on Technical knowledge alone. You must immerse yourself in all things and master them all to make the really big cheeze.

Reactions: 1 person