• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

iPhones will send calls to voicemail in iOS13

It’s here! Just an FYI iOS 13 is going out over the air. The feature is off by default, but takes two seconds to enable. I’ll let you know how it all works over the next day or so...I’m going to do some experimenting with numbers in my emails and what have you.

Testing it out here too. So far, no calls are getting through based off of someone being in my emails. Contacts ONLY.

Testing it out here too. So far, no calls are getting through based off of someone being in my emails. Contacts ONLY.
I've found the same thing. Tried different emails, made sure it was my "Apple Email" Inbox, read/unread - no differences. Either they need to adjust it, or this is how it will operate...maybe this is Siri not doing her job, if so what's new? Hahaha

Reactions: Alex Snyder
I like this logic, and while Siri is not great at a lot of things, any of the local AI features tend to work properly with Apple devices.

I would be curious to know any Siri "AI" that works well.
I've had nothing but terrible experiences with Siri lately, including the desktop version no longer being able to understand basic reminders since they added "context" to Siri, where it tries to identify which applications are open and whether or not you can control them with Siri.

Google Assistant, on the other hand, has been great to me lately.

A little off-topic but...

Receive voice messages (leads) from your audience directly on your website
Make it super easy for your website visitors to contact you, leave feedback or testimonial.

Yeah, I'm not so sure how obtrusive or a bad user experience the aforementioned would create, but this might be useful. Is there anything that exists like this in automotive?

• :light:
Reactions: Jeff Kershner
In no world would I rather leave a voice message than a text message in a form.
As a dealer, I would also still want their name, number, etc from form fields, even if it an audio file was attached.

I'm not seeing it.

In no world would I rather leave a voice message than a text message in a form.
As a dealer, I would also still want their name, number, etc from form fields, even if it an audio file was attached.

I'm not seeing it.
I'm not advocating for audio over text per se, but it could be an option for those that prefer leaving a quick message. I believe most of these VM-from-Website mechanisms have some type of contact info form (illustrated below), but you gotta' figure most would leave their name and number in their VM message. Granted, that would require data entry into dB by BDC, etc. Might be redundant.

widget3.png