• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Lead wall on your website

lead gates will likely drive a quantity over quality. In order for this to be productive, many variables come into play.

Are leads answered and followed-up by an effective BDC?
What's the process after the lead is received?

In our test cases, we found the quality of the lead to be much better. The problems were the ones that still plagues our industry.

1. Poor response times.
2. Quality of text and or phone conversations lacked proper flow and asking for the appointment

I feel like we are veering from what’s actually important here and that’s shopping the way the customer wants to shop.

What do customers want when they come to your website? They want to know if it's available and how much. So give them what they want, but ask for something in return. They are willing to give you a name and cell if they know you'll immediately text the price to them. That's why if you make it automated, you're going to give the customer exactly what they want in seconds. I'd give up my name and cell all day long if I were buying say "furniture" and I got a discounted price by doing so.

What do customers want when they come to your website? They want to know if it's available and how much. So give them what they want, but ask for something in return. They are willing to give you a name and cell if they know you'll immediately text the price to them. That's why if you make it automated, you're going to give the customer exactly what they want in seconds. I'd give up my name and cell all day long if I were buying say "furniture" and I got a discounted price by doing so.
Maybe it just doesn’t fit out business model. I wouldn’t call that Buying Transparently necessarily.

Reactions: ed.brooks
I'd never do it. I shop similarly @Alex Snyder. Then again this is being shouted at AAAS run by total fraudsters, so who's to say it's believable. Data probably completely fraudulent.

Yeah... you keep lying to yourself @reverson
Disagree all you like Pasch is a known, busted fraudster. AAAS is a shitshow full of the likes of Clarivoy, etc. Data thieves.

I always thought of the community participating at Dealer Refresh as cutting edge, willing to try new concepts and open to changes as technology allowed for improvements, thus making the shopping process easier for consumers. Based on some of these comments, I can see that's not the case anymore.

Here's what I am willing to do to prove this concept works. If anyone wants to try this process: Test Unlock the Price on your VDP's (test it yourself to see the process). I'll be willing to let you try it free for the remainder of the year. We'll make this happen on any website platform you're using. Here's what I ask in return:

1. You commit to replying to leads within 10 minutes, preferably in under 5 since you'll be getting notifications the second they happen. And if you test the above link and one of my reps does not respond to your leads within 5 minutes (between hours of 9AM - 6PM, Mon - Fri), I'll send you some www.pecanjacks.com a $25 free gift.
2. You allow me to do a free webinar with your team to teach them how to work the leads.
3. You know your current VDP visits and conversion rates.
4. Have a way to get me your inventory feed via vAuto, 1st look, or Homenet.
5. You share the results of this test on Dealer Refresh. Good, bad or ugly!

Or you can just stick with the status quo and keep sending out stupid email templates to web shoppers hoping they call or return your call.

I always thought of the community participating at Dealer Refresh as cutting edge, willing to try new concepts and open to changes as technology allowed for improvements, thus making the shopping process easier for consumers. Based on some of these comments, I can see that's not the case anymore.

:thinker: this is completely out of left field unless you're saying it is a "click baity" statement to get people to use your product :ltbulb:

Whether anyone here likes to shop this way is totally irrelevant.

Nobody here is the "typical" customer and we need to avoid the trap.

Our "surveys of one" are trash.

I'd never shop or buy a car this way either.

But I can tell you something. I have been part of a machine where I've seen 700,000+ leads per year transformed into sales, and nothing would come close in volume to dealers acing that very strategy. Data was very clean.

The tricky part is to make your offer so appealing that customers are willing to play the game.

If you only game consumers, you'll lose big time when it's time to get the appointment or sale.

It's all a matter of how YOU play the lead wall thing.

If it doesn't work for you, keep in mind YOU don't know how to work it.

Be very careful, you are NOT your own customer. Do not build your machine as if you were.