• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Low Cost Live Chat Software

First full day on ActivEngage and we're getting the kinks worked out quickly - thanks Todd :thumbup:

It is a very powerful chat tool and I may be more addicted to the live analytics than I am to my CrackBerry. We've got a few more things to sort out and a little more time to invest before I come out with a longer/deeper statement on Todd's baby, but so far so good.

P.S. Kinks are typical of any new system install/setup....no worries.
P.P.S. If you sign up for ActivEngage, tell Ted you absolutely must have a Mac interface (even if you don't have a Mac) :lol:

Buying a car silly :)

I think that is what he was talking about. The personal touch of the face is so important and I wouldn't leave that off. That looks good Todd. Wow checkered flag huh, good job!
icon12.gif
We have seen a huge jump in dealers interested in the past 15 days it's incredible. It's like a switch went off...probably should have called good ole Alex huh? lol, congrats!

Alex I am glad you are up and running and I am looking forward to learning from you how we can make our application better for you and our other dealerships. Nothing is better to me that getting input from people who are passionate about Internet sales and marketing. I look forward to your comments and suggestions. Till then Keep Chatting :)

Todd

Thought I would share an example Chat session that can across my inbox this morning...

Log Started Mon Aug 10 15:23:37 PDT 2009

[15:23:42] You have been connected to Kade Adams.
[15:23:47] Kade Adams: Thank you for chatting with us today. I am a live person here to ensure you have a great online shopping experience. How may I
help you today?
[15:24:44] Customer: I have a 2005 Chevrolet Equinox with 180000 miles on
it and i really want to get out of it i owe 19500 are there any specials that can get me out of it
[15:25:27] Kade Adams: Please give me a moment to check on that for you.
[15:25:30] Kade Adams: By the way, my name is Kade Adams. May I ask with
whom I am speaking?
[15:25:44] Customer: Ryan Gray i am sorry...
[15:25:52] Kade Adams: It's nice chatting with you, Ryan
[15:26:02] Kade Adams: Is there a specific make or model you are looking for?
[15:26:22] Customer: i am open to whatever....either car, truck or suv
[15:27:08] Kade Adams: OK, sure
[15:27:10] Kade Adams: Do you have any
specific colors, options, or features in mind?
[15:27:30] Customer: no not really just really want out of my equinox
[15:27:43] Kade Adams: OK, sure. I understand
[15:28:13] Kade Adams: And you'll also want financing information regarding your next vehicle?
[15:28:28] Customer: yes
[15:28:37] Kade Adams: OK, sure
[15:28:42] Kade Adams: We pride ourselves on competitive financing. Let me
check with my Internet Sales Manager and see what we can work out for you.
What would be the best number for us to reach you at?
[15:28:58] Customer: and does my car qualify for CARS
[15:29:04] Customer: XXXXXXXXXX
[15:29:23] Kade Adams: Phone is a great way to contact you with
your requested information, however, e-mail can be a good medium to send out
additional requested information. Is there an e-mail address where we could
contact you?
[15:29:35] Customer: [email protected]
[15:29:48] Kade Adams: Is there
anything else I may assist you with today?
[15:30:15] Customer: Does my trade in qualify for CARS?
[15:30:34] Kade Adams: I will have my Internet Sales Manager contact you
with these details.
[15:30:37] Kade Adams: Is there anything else I may assist you with today?
[15:30:45] Customer: no thanks

[--- end of transcript as seen by customer ---]

Was someone just Bamboozled??

What do you think?

Kade did a decent job of capturing the customer's information, but didn't give Ryan an appetizer to the meal he was requesting. If I were Ryan, I would have felt put-off and said "no thanks" as well. If you offer chat, you have to offer it all the way....I know you know that Jeff - just stating that for others who might not.

On the other side of things, Ryan's car obviously isn't going to work under the CARS Program and you're going to need a car that can bury $15,000+ of negative equity if it did. And the way in which "Ryan" gave up his contact info so willingly makes me suspicious that this was a mystery shop...or Bamboozle.

Kade did a decent job of capturing the customer's information, but didn't give Ryan an appetizer to the meal he was requesting. If I were Ryan, I would have felt put-off and said "no thanks" as well. If you offer chat, you have to offer it all the way....I know you know that Jeff - just stating that for others who might not.

On the other side of things, Ryan's car obviously isn't going to work under the CARS Program and you're going to need a car that can bury $15,000+ of negative equity if it did. And the way in which "Ryan" gave up his contact info so willingly makes me suspicious that this was a mystery shop...or Bamboozle.

I am VERY interested in seeing an example of someone doing it "all the way"?

I am not defending how this chat went by any means, but there are more then one way to answer chats. Just like many people have different ways of answering the phone. The person was willing to give the information as we all know because they are being rejected by other dealers. That is the nature of our business.

The common mistake I find is that dealers don't ask for information or they do it to aggressively.

Just my 2 cents

We are currently using contact at once for two of our locations and have expierenced some succes with the product. Having people in front of these leads who are trained to field them are key of course to maximize every opportunity. One of the best features I have noticed with contact at once is that when a customer logs on to your home page (at least with a dealer.com website) a drop down picture of the sales rep (manager etc.) awaiting to take their inquiry drops down. We have had customers come in to deal with certain employees who work with us simply from seeing their face and recognizing the people who work with us. Even if they didnt engage in conversation, simply seeing a familiar, friendly face gets them in the door.